Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #46
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
BTW, Sigil also supports both font obfuscation methods. (Just right-click the fonts in the Book Browser and select the desired method.)
I know, I know--it looks like I'm talking to myself, right?

NOW I remember why we don't do this, as a rule (obfuscate in the ePUB)--because you have to add the step of de-obfuscation before you make the MOBI. You can't make MOBI's from an ePUB with obfuscated fonts--at least, not with KindleGen/Previewer, which is our method.

I can't believe I forgot that. But that's why we abandoned that, a while back, as part of our process. Barb (who makes fab books!), had to remind me.

OK, I'm done looking stupid for today, I hope. Long week. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #47
lmalinofsky
lmalinofsky began at the beginning.

Device: Droid Bionic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I noticed that there are certain font families that both Sigil and Calibre will render with cut-off text on the right margin if you set text alignment to "justify". Palatino Linotype, for instance. Can anyone explain this behavior, and is there a comprehensive list of fonts that have this rendering problem?
If you are reading on your PC with the Calibre reader, the problem seems to vanish if you've selected "flow" mode rather than "paged". You can still advance page-by-page even if you do this.

Hope this helps, it worked for me. As the saying goes, your mileage may vary.
lmalinofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert