Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #61
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'm very fond of my k3 and Sony 350. I have lighted covers for both, and got my son a lighted cover for his K4NT. The lighted covers work perfectly well, and I'm not thrilled with the loss of crispness on the Nook Glow or other front-lighted readers. I think the only thing that would get me to upgrade would be better screen resolution.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #62
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I love my Palm TX and hope to use it for the next ten years (I have a spare, too!), my only gripes are battery life and screen resolution. When I look for the new reader, I'm afraid it'll be smartphone - it fulfills most of my requirements.

Some things my Palm has:
1. Operable with one hand (so I can read while standing in the bus with shopping bags)
2. Color (I like nice covers, they add so much more to the enjoyment of the book)
3. Backlight (for example on the long bus tour or in the hotel when roommates want to sleep; or during hours of dusk when I need extra light only for reading)
4. SD card
5. Variation (I get tired of reading and can play sudoku, solitaire or whatever)

Some things my Palm has not
1. Good readability in sunlight (but for those few weeks on the beach I can use paper books)
2. Screen resolution could be better, screen itself more robust
3. Battery life (hopefully in 10 years I can get 12 hrs of constant reading)
4. I think I prefer ePub as a format (easier to unpack and 'improve')

I do keep lookout with the future reader in mind, but so far no temptations (exept Samsung Galaxy (IIRC), nice bright screen, oled or amoled).

This is a good idea about replacable Nokia batteries, I never knew to consider it.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
diatribe, gadget, ramble, upgrade