Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
monkeygirl351
Connoisseur
monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeygirl351 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, ipad, and kindle 3
Getting my new Kindle 3 tomorrow!

My kindle 3 is scheduled to deliver tomorrow and I am so excited! I am organizing all my books in calibre and converting my epubs to mobi, so far that is going ok. I have an ipad that I use to read now so i want to use both of them together. I think that the whispersync will allow me to save spot on both? Anyways, any tips or ideas would be great. Also any must have accessories? I am getting an m-edge executive jacket case, but am also thinking of a booklight too. Also any idea how to get my personally created mobi files into my kindle for ipad app? I would like to read books back and forth and have my spot saved but can't put personal books into my kindle app. i have the books in stanza on my ipad but it won't sync the bookmarks across the two.
monkeygirl351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #2
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
@monkeygirl35,

So many questions! MobileRead has all the answers too!

Yes, it's now possible to sync sideloaded mobi books on your iPad & Kindle -> follow instructions in this MobileRead Wiki "Kindle Sync with non-Amazon eBooks on Windows"

Yes, it's possible to sideload your mobi files into the Kindle iPad app -> follow instructions in this MobileRead thread "Sideloading MOBI files to Kindle for iPad"

And for accessories, there's dedicated threads talking about covers and lights for the Kindle that you can check out!
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Congrats on your new Kindle. You will ABSOLUTELY love it! Seems like you are preparing very well, please come back once you get it and let us know how you like it. This is great place to get information on how to make your Kindle experience better. Lots of very knowledgable people. Good Luck!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Welcome to Mobile Read !

Enjoy your Kindle 3
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Enjoy your new K3!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
in addition to the covers and lights, there are also a lot of interesting skins you can put on your kindle. one word of caution, if you have a lot of things you want to load onto it, do it groups of maybe 25 or so. there have been reports of kindles getting bogged down trying to load and index a lot of books at once.

enjoy! and welcome to the forums!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote