Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
crp5
crp5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Recommend me a good free Bible for Sony?

New to ebooks and just picked up a PRS-600. I would like to find a good free NIV Bible download and haven't had much luck. I either don't know where to look (most likely ) or they are well hidden. Can someone point me in the right direction.

BTW - great forum you all have here and looking forward to pitching in where I can add value
crp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
crc
unknown
crc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The NIV is copyrighted, limiting its distribution to either illegal sources or those under license from Zondervan.
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:04 AM   #3
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
As crc said, the NIV Bible isn't free legally. You can try digging around for a free bible on Inkmesh, but here's the most relevant set of results for niv bible for the Sony: http://inkmesh.com/search/?dv=3&qs=holy+bible. Hope you find something!
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:51 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please do not ask for pirated books at MR; it is a violation of the site guidelines to do so.

Thanks,

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
As stated the NIV is NOT available as a free download.

I have bought this version : http://www.zondervan.com/Cultures/en...Site=Zondervan

It is the FULL NIV for $6.99 with sections to complete the reading in 90 days. HIGHLY recommended.

Other formats are available from the same source.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
crp5
crp5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I didn't realize that it was copyrighted and certainly didn't mean to violate the site guidelines. I just assumed it was my lack of skills / knowledge in finding it. Guess is was both!

Is the KJ version also copyrighted?
crp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crp5 View Post
Is the KJ version also copyrighted?
Only in the UK, where it's protected by "Crown copyright". It's in the public domain everywhere else.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Only in the UK, where it's protected by "Crown copyright". It's in the public domain everywhere else.
Wow that's wild! I went to Wikipedia and looked it up. A 398 year copyright!
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote