Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
bluesbeat
bluesbeat began at the beginning.

Device: none
How To split .Lit file into several epub books

Hi, I have a Lit file which has 36 books in it. I wish to convert to 36 ePub files.
New to calibre, is there an easy way to do this? My reader won't open such a large epub file. cheers.
bluesbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Calibre will by default split the book inte 260KB large parts, to allow readers to handle the book in parts, but the parts will still be in the same book. And the splits may not be how you want them.

One way would be to convert to epub and then use Sigil to edit out the individual books.

So the answer is, as far as I know, no. There is no easy way.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I would convert to Word or use Sigil and cut each book out and paste into a new file.
If there is a working Toc shouldn't take long if you start with the last book.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesbeat View Post
Hi, I have a Lit file which has 36 books in it. I wish to convert to 36 ePub files.
Run a conversion to epub with a directory in the debug area of conversion preferences. When the conversion is complete you can grab the html from the debug directory and edit that, or take the ePub and edit it in Sigil.

Either method will take some time. In Sigil just remove 35 books and save the remaining book by its name. Then open the original book and this time leave a different book and save it as that books name etc... Same applies to html.

Good Luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I usually cut each book and paste into a new file.
Makes me happy to see the original file get smaller and less chance of me doing something stupid like saving one book over the original file
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert