Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
HomeOCell
HomeOCell began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
eBook Library x64 FAIL

Hello,
I just tried to install eBook Library on my XP x64 and the installer warnings me that is not possible to install this software on x64 SO.

is there any hack to install the Sony Software?
HomeOCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Download the latest version of eBook Library. That will work on Windows x64.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
HomeOCell
HomeOCell began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
I did it.
Is this the last version isn't it?

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/
HomeOCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOCell View Post
I did it.
Is this the last version isn't it?

http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/
Quote from that page:

System Requirements

OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32-bit or 64-bit) or Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit only)

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOCell View Post
is there any hack to install the Sony Software?
Yes, I think there is. But, it basically means taking a 32-bit install and copying the files over to a 64-bit machine.

You are very brave to run XP 64-bit.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
tegelad
tegelad began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo elipse2e, sage, libra2, forma amazon oasis3, scribe, boox ult c
I got it to work through the use of Orca and some handediting the MSI file .... It is very similar on how I got iTunes 8 working.

Long story short ...

1. download the latest version (x64) (for Windows XP x64)
2. locate your temp directory ("C:\Documents and Settings\user\local settings\temp"
3. reverse sort the date ... (you will want to keep it open to look for the MSI file)
4. extract the file in a cmd window and make sure you use the "ebook reader_x64.exe" /v
5. ctrl c over the msi file .... and let the installation fail
6. ctrl v to the desktop
7. edit the file with ORCA and modify the launchcondition to not include Windows NT 5.02)
8. install (it takes some time so be patient and it appears to hang ... but it will finish)
9. right click on the ebook library and select properties ... make sure the compatibility mode is set for Windows XP ...

Happy hunting!

for itunes example and hand hacking with orca ....
http://pctech.invisibill.net/?page_id=36
http://yukichigai.googlepages.com/iphonex64
tegelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
tegelad
tegelad began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo elipse2e, sage, libra2, forma amazon oasis3, scribe, boox ult c
This is what LaunchCondition looks like after ....
(Not Version9X=400) And (Not Version9X=410) And (Not Version9X=490) And (Not VersionNT=400) And (Not VersionNT=500)

//before
(Not Version9X=400) And (Not Version9X=410) And (Not Version9X=490) And (Not VersionNT=400) And (Not VersionNT=500) And (NotVersionNT=502)
tegelad is offline   Reply With Quote