Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Kobo in the News

Kobo's customer service (or lack of) gets a mention in The Toronto Star today:
http://www.moneyville.ca/blog/post/1...r-service?bn=1

And Mobileread gets a shout-out in the article!
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I bet that the reporter wrote this in part because she was miffed that Serbinis did not respond to her call for an interview. Service has been awful--we all know that--Kobo knows that. It will be interesting to see if she does a followup when things are good. I am hugely confident that the changes Kobo is making will work.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Actually Ellen is good at both pointing out these issues AND following up on them. (And sorry, no way to give Karma at that web site).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought it was odd that she did not contact Mark Stevens as he is the "mouthpiece" for Kobo customer care and the author of the blog entry she referenced. Kobo screwed up--she reported it--that is the way it should be, but it seemed like she was overly focused on a personal slight.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I was actually wondering the same myself!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
A good article. Ellen is a highly respected advocate who really does try to make a difference. In the past she has been able to draw corporate attention to issues that get ignored when raised by the general consumer. I hope that Kobo rises to the challenge and gets their house in order. I will admit that I am not altogether optimistic as I see their being bought out as a negative development.
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursedude View Post
A good article. Ellen is a highly respected advocate who really does try to make a difference. In the past she has been able to draw corporate attention to issues that get ignored when raised by the general consumer. I hope that Kobo rises to the challenge and gets their house in order. I will admit that I am not altogether optimistic as I see their being bought out as a negative development.
I know she has a good reputation. However in this case, it appears that she made light of the fact that Kobo has publicly acknowledged their service problems and that they had a plan in place to remedy it. She didn't say anything that was not true, but I believe she could have been more diligent in getting a Kobo perspective into the article.

That being said, I think that many people who cut Kobo some slack when they were very, very small are not going to do that anymore. This is not a bad thing. It is because they needed a big shot of cash to move them forward (without which I am pretty sure they would have stagnated, and eventually died) that I feel more hopeful about their future now.

Last edited by taming; 12-07-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: last paragraph

Tags
kobo, news