Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
PabloFernandes
Brazilian Whispernetless
PabloFernandes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX US Wireless
stop kindle's auto update system

i was wondering if it's possible. I started reading about the hacks on the forum just yesterday and did many things with my Kindle DX US Wireless (many many thanks to everybody). Now i'm worried to lose them in a next auto updating.

so, i noticed that the netfilter is working okay. Maybe we could install a web proxy on kindle and redirect it's own traffic to the proxy and analyse the places kindle check for updating and block only those access. I guess that there is a arm arch version of squid... not sure.

I'm not a kindle superuser, so is there any easier way to do that? Yesterday my kindle was automatically updated from 2.5.4 to 2.5.6 and i was worried to lose the usbnetwork hack. that's the only way i can access internet. thanks in advance
PabloFernandes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle dx, proxy, stop auto update