Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Sony PRS-505 Digital eBook Reader $189 Wally B&M YMMV GL

Yeah, it's a Walmart clearance but what can you do? Sony 505 ebook reader for $189. Good if you can find it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0061.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	33836  
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
"Wally B&M YMMV GL"

I am going to attempt to translate

"Wally" = WalMart

"B&M" = I have no idea

"YMMV" = your mileage may vary

"GL" = Good luck

Did I get any of that right?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
"Wally B&M YMMV GL"

"Wally" = WalMart

"B&M" = I have no idea

"GL" = Good luck

Dude!! All but one. B&M means brick and mortar, as in a store and not online. I'm using deal speak.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
checked two Walmarts and Vegas and they had no idea what I was talking about. Which department of the store had the 505?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
"Wally B&M YMMV GL"

"Wally" = WalMart

"B&M" = I have no idea

"GL" = Good luck

B&M = baked beans

JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
checked two Walmarts and Vegas and they had no idea what I was talking about. Which department of the store had the 505?
Last time I saw a 505 at Walmart was in the same bit that had GPS.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I am amazed that WalMart sells any at all since even the sales clerks in the one store in Vegas (Serene store) that has them in stock didn't know what I was talking about. There were about ten silver 505's on the bottom shelf of a locked cabinet. Although marked clearance, the price was $229. I had the clerk do a price check and that price was confirmed. With tax it was $245, so it's just a little cheaper than online. More interesting, I told him about the $189 mentioned above and he told me that the Store doesn't price match other Walmarts, only competitors!!
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
I just checked the stores near me and they all have it still at $299 . Bummer. I was going to be in the car on the way Great find, OP!
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
lovemov
Enthusiast
lovemov began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Clearance at walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ci_sku=8216490

Not $199 though...
lovemov is offline   Reply With Quote