Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Paperwhite 2 ads

When I idle a few seconds on the home screen, I get a full screen ad, I mean, promotion, on my pw2 SO. I have to hit back or home button to continue.

Is this new with the pw2 or are all SO like this?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
When I idle a few seconds on the home screen, I get a full screen ad, I mean, promotion, on my pw2 SO. I have to hit back or home button to continue.

With my PW1, the full screen ad only appears when the device goes to sleep and I have to swipe the screen in order to go back to my book.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Wholesalestunna
Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wholesalestunna , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iPad
Oh wow... I've never seen that on any of my kindles but I don't have a Paperwhite 2. That would aggravate me to death
Wholesalestunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post

My PW2 SO idles out after around 10 minutes or so (I've never actually timed it so this is an estimate). A few seconds is not normal - you might want to contact Amazon CS about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
With my PW1, the full screen ad only appears when the device goes to sleep and I have to swipe the screen in order to go back to my book.
A really minor detail, but if you want to save your strength a very slight tap works just as well.

Last edited by JoHunt; 10-07-2013 at 10:13 AM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote