Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
What browser are you using? Maybe try another browser or try safe mode. This is what you should see for the signup page. Just select the bottom option at the left for 5GB Free I highlighted in green.

There's absolutely nothing fishy about SugarSync at all. I've used it for ages and it's a safe and reliable site that hasn't given me any issues. I'd suspect a cache issue or something similar with your browser. If you have any malware on your PC, that can cause issues with sites not displaying correctly too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SugarSync.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	110961  

Last edited by Ripplinger; 09-13-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #17
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I had no problems when I clicked on Ripplinger's link (I didn't try to sign up, but it takes me to the page shown in the thumbnail above). If you aren't seeing any free options, I think I know what the problem is.....

You've just visited the sugarsync home page and clicked on the 'Try Sugarysnc Free' button, which takes you to a page like in the thumbnail below? If so, scroll down to the bottom of that page, you will see right at the bottom in small green text "Limited 5 GB free account" (links to https://www.sugarsync.com/free/).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sugarsync.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	110963  
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
lol Ripplingers links are not working and there is NO free option on the sugarsync site only 30 days free trial rubbish.... lost interest something funny going on with that sugarsync I am smelling a big long deceased rodent here lol
The 5Gb plan is FREE, the 30 day trials apply to the paid for plans.

You can try any of the paid plans for 30 days to enable you to asses whether the service is what you want before you are charged.

I've no personal experience of SugarSync - I use Dropbox and Google Drive for my cloud storage.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:06 AM   #19
Ndaara
I like frogs.
Ndaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueNdaara can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony T2, Kindle Fire
Aha! I looked at SugarSync a few weeks ago, when assessing current cloud options for a friend. I dismissed it because I couldn't find a free option and there are plenty that DO have free options. They really bury that info, don't they?
Ndaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #20
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
It must really depend on which browser and probably which plugins you use. I use the most current Firefox plus AdBlock Plus and Ghostery (both set to block just about everything) and the screenshot I posted comes up where it's clear that one of the choices is the 5GB free account. What they don't tell you on that page is that you get 6.1GB after signing up (from using a current user's link plus completing a few simple tasks), and if you get others to sign up you gain another 500KB each up to a max of 32GB for a totally free account.

And it works well with the limited Kobo Glo browser, so it should work with any ereader browser. It's a much better option than DropBox even right off the bat since it has 3x the storage space to start.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #21
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndaara View Post
Aha! I looked at SugarSync a few weeks ago, when assessing current cloud options for a friend. I dismissed it because I couldn't find a free option and there are plenty that DO have free options. They really bury that info, don't they?
Yes it was only when I visited the home page of SugarSync that I understood why Bla was a bit peeved! I knew there was definitely a free option but when I first clicked on the try sugarync free button and was taken to that page I included in my previous post, it took me a minute or two to find the free option on it!

It is easier if you just follow a referral link, like the one in Ripplinger's signature, as it takes you straight to a completely different sign-up page and the free option is far more obvious there.

Not that I use Sugarsync, I'm still just using Dropbox for my books and haven't quite filled my 3GB space in it so far. I might have to consider swapping over to Sugarsync at some point though for the extra space. I signed up with someone's link for copy.com but like others, I use it for photos.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Forget it lol sugarsync forces you to dl their software to get the "free account" I am not interested in that I have enough crap on my laptop I will just stick to dropbox
bla is offline   Reply With Quote