Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #16
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You can't run the two at the same time. Copying between libraries is fine.
Thank you. It's good to have that clarified in my mind. Now that I think about it, it's probably obvious that Copy to Library is an exception to the rule about not letting different instances write to the same library. Because if it weren't an exception, it wouldn't exist.

unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhytte View Post
Thank you again.

I am sorry to be pedantic
But "use the previously existing library at the new location" has been kind of contradictory in terms from a point of view, so I have avoided whenever I come to that point in the past.

Since you now confirm that I'll pick that option, I'll go ahead
I understand it confuses me too.

You might consider submitting an enhancement request to be able to navigate to another library via the "Copy to" menu. Read here for instructions on submitting such a request.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Thank you. It's good to have that clarified in my mind. Now that I think about it, it's probably obvious that Copy to Library is an exception to the rule about not letting different instances write to the same library. Because if it weren't an exception, it wouldn't exist.

I believe it is the Same instance (Only one Calibre.Exe is running), accessing 2 Libraries. with no (other instances) buffered data to cause confused states.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

You might consider submitting an enhancement request to be able to navigate to another library via the "Copy to" menu. Read here for instructions on submitting such a request.
I agree, the wording is a little confusing to me in the USA. I just figured it was that way because of different English locales.

"Use another existing Library (Folder)" make sense to me.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
KWhytte
Enthusiast
KWhytte began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:

Thank you again.
I just did it.
It works fine.
nevertheless the program still needs a sync function which I happen to delete some duplicates in library A and I don't know exactly which ones I deleted so I ended up more books in library B

To come back to enhancement suggestion:
I think following could be better

"use the previously existing library at the new location"" line should be changed to:

"switch to another library at the following new location" :
then a "search box" to find the other library

all the best
KWhytte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #21
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@KWhytte - you can use the Find Duplicates plugin to find duplicates between two libraries (and then delete them from the current library afterwards manually).
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thank you again.
I just did it. It works fine.
You're welcome. I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Quote:
nevertheless the program still needs a sync function which I happen to delete some duplicates in library A and I don't know exactly which ones I deleted so I ended up more books in library B
A sync function might be nice, but every OS has sync software that does this job. So I don't see the need to build this function into calibre.

Quote:
To come back to enhancement suggestion
The below quote (bold mine) is what I took away from your posting as a possible enhancement. So you wouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the library on your "copy to" list.

Quote:
if no sync function, then there must be "copy to other library with a manual searching facility to find the other library, right?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #23
KWhytte
Enthusiast
KWhytte began at the beginning.

Device: None
Just wanted to say hi, in case you were expecting a response.
I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner because of a computer crash / bluescreens / reinstall dilemmas and a holiday break from all

all the best
KWhytte is offline   Reply With Quote