Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
hrrgll
hrrgll began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten TX
RAR archives added as CBR format

Hello to all of you, sorry, if this should be a duplicate question but a (ok, quick) search of the forum hasn't revealed a solution.

A couple of books, mainly manuals, I'd like to add to my Calibre manual are of various formats, all in a *.rar archive. It might be stupid, but additional to the single formats I'd also like to add the original RAR archive to the Calibre library, just in case any of the single books should become faulty and so I'll be able to extract and use them again. It used to work before, but I can't tell which version of Calibre changed this, or whether I missed a certain setting. Those archives are no more added as RAR archives but as CBR, the file name changed to the book title... Ok, handling the archive still works, i.e. I'm still able to open and extract it, but it bothers me that it is listed as <book>.cbr file, the original filename and file format of the archive changed to this.

Am I just missing something? Thanks very much in advance for your help
hrrgll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre assumes that rar archives that contain only images are comics.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2022, 04:25 AM   #3
ygreq
ygreq began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
I have the same issue. Any idea what I should do so that Calibre does not change the format?

Thank you!!
ygreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:28 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygreq View Post
I have the same issue. Any idea what I should do so that Calibre does not change the format?

Thank you!!
Wow, you managed to dig up an old thread!

Prerences > Plugins, disable Archive Extract. You can turn it back on when you're done.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:16 AM   #5
ygreq
ygreq began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Grrreat!! Thank you so much!
ygreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygreq View Post

Thank you!!
Use an archive format that calibre doesn't know about, I use ARJ.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote