Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
feeds epub vs. mobi

why are feeds looking that different in epub where the formating is really nice with an index and nice formatted news without spacing

and then the mobi, no index, TOC only at end of the feed list, spacing in single news, forgotten pictures and so on

really cant read feeds created with mobi, so i have a DR which is not able to read epub, but it is with FBReader, but i cant use the links in it (is that normal?)

now im getting the news in pdf, which has same formating like epub, but links dont work

so if i get a book in epub or mobi, the formating is everytime the same, why not with feeds?

anyone got an idea how to deal with my problem? because i need links to navigate throu all of these news (sometimes up to 100 news in a feed)
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set your output profile to Illiad before downloading feeds in MOBI format.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
you have to set a output profile in calibre? where do i do that

maybe thats the reason of all my problems the last days

but why is the format correct in epub and not in mobi

*edit* is it also possible to make the feeds in smaller letter size? because everything so tall on my DR

Last edited by Floeee; 09-18-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote