Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #31
CopperTrail
Enthusiast
CopperTrail is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Axim X3i
Thanks JJ. I own a Sansa e280 MP3 player and have thought about giving the audio books a try.

I also own software that removes DRM from WMA files by converting them to MP3. I had to do this when Yahoo! Music closed their doors back in the fall. Either that or loose all the music I'd purchased from them over the past year. After they shut down their DRM servers, none of the music would play on my laptop.
CopperTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #32
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I'm pretty sure the iPod still doesn't support protected WMA overdrive files. (Don't know about the Zune). Many library sites are starting to offer Overdrive MP3 files. These will play on the iPod without stripping DRM, etc.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert