Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 04:08 AM   #1
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Removing PDF Password Protection

Hi,

this is not exactly ereading- related, but anyway... I regularly have to remove the password from 200-300 PDF files. The password is known and the files legally obtained (no books), and I have to remove it Because Of Reasons. Since I'm somewhat proficient in Python, I tried using that. I wrote a script that tries to remove the password using pyPdf, however, the script terminates with the exception "only algorithm code 1 and 2 are supported". I couldn't, on first glance, find any other Python PDF libraries that seem to support removal of the password.

Does anyone know of any Python library (or any other scriptable tool) that supports removal of PDF passwords for known passwords?

Thanks in advance,
Manichean
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Have you tried PDFtk?

See this too.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert