Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Question _ before but now a comma

Apologies if this is a duplicate question. Had no idea how to phrase this for a search. I've spent so much time researching already, now just really need the answer because things are really messed up in my library.

1. Just moved library from win 7 pc to win 8 pc without issue.
2. When adding books to library I am getting duplicate author folders in the library due to the way Calibre is handling it.
3. Previous author folders were LN_FN, but the newer Calibre is now formatting as LN, FN which is creating duplicate author folders.
4. Would like to fix it sol that new books added go to LN_FN.
5. Would like to apply this to all books that were incorrectly added.

Any hope? Thanks!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, don't care how the folders created by Calibre look, just need them to be uniform so I don't have duplicate folders.

Anyone, please?
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
Actually, don't care how the folders created by Calibre look, just need them to be uniform so I don't have duplicate folders.

Anyone, please?
The Quality Check PI to the rescue

Code:
 Find and fix folder/file paths that are missing commas for inconsistencies within a library for books added after calibre 0.8.35
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

I don't get it.

Never mind. Hopefully this will work. Thank you.

Last edited by pghaworth; 05-09-2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Brain fart
Old 05-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't get it.

Never mind. Hopefully this will work. Thank you.
That was copied from the list of Features.
Preferences: Get Plugins: (not installed): (select the PI you want): OK to the warning: (wait while it installs. I think it asks which MENUS you want it to show up on.): Restart Calibre:
Use
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

I got it installed, no problem. I have other PIs. My confusion is about which option to use, and if Calibre is going to do what it wants and use LN, FN then it's going to take a long time to fix all the folders from LN_FN. A lot of books so a little scarey to do that and not sure how to go about it.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I got it installed, no problem. I have other PIs. My confusion is about which option to use, and if Calibre is going to do what it wants and use LN, FN then it's going to take a long time to fix all the folders from LN_FN. A lot of books so a little scarey to do that and not sure how to go about it.
Fix : Check and Rename File Path
Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Thank you!