Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #16
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
Most readers have the ability to hide the progress bar, but then they put a percentage indicator on the bookmarks or notes. If I make a note or bookmark and see that it is at the 80% mark, I know that the book is close to the end. It ruins the last-page effect for me. I want the option to hide all progress indicators.
In current version, you can turn page header off in settings.
Don't use bookkmarks nor TOC - then you will not know book position.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:47 PM   #17
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Yes, I turn the progress bar off whenever I install a new reading app, but not using the bookmarking feature defeats the purpose for me. The ability to highlight and make bookmarks and notes are important for the way that I read. I just want the option--and really, it's just an option--to not have the percentage indicator show. That's all.

Last edited by SlowRain; 12-25-2010 at 11:50 PM.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #18
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version on Market supports text selection using double tap. and copying of selected text to clipboard.
using external dictionary app like Fora Dictionary, it's possible to find selected words in dictionary.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
Ralob
Connoisseur
Ralob began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2, PW4
I found this app to be the best e-reader for a smartphone. Thanks for the hard work, Buggins. You definitely coded a fine piece of e-reading software.
Ralob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
Neurozool
Neurozool began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
Talking Rft on Cool Reader 3

Hi,

First off, you are my hero! I am proof reading a book for the author and it is only available in RFT and I was sweating bullets trying to find some app that would do that. Yay!

Second- how do you highlight when the book is RFT? I need to be able to highlight/bookmark and make notes. It would be great if I could highlight like Kindle does (Long press) and then if it would prompt "Add note?" In Kindle I have to highlight, then add a note, which can be messy when I send errors to the author.

The best feature would be if there was an option to email all notes/highlights and it would include the original page numbers where those notes would be found. Not sure how feasible that is, maybe a Proof Readers Cool Reader Version?? (Hopeful)

Thanks again!
Neurozool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #21
Neurozool
Neurozool began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
Issues with RFT

The main problem I am running into now is that it will not show italics. There are some minor issues with formating (paragraph starts, putting the begining of one chapter at the end of the last, running sentences together) These errors are not found on the original manuscript so it is Cool Reader.

If you were able to make a proof readers version I think you could charge for it- I know I would part with a few dollars if it made it easier to read manuscripts still in the rft.
Neurozool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #22
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurozool View Post
There are some minor issues with formating (paragraph starts, putting the begining of one chapter at the end of the last, running sentences together) These errors are not found on the original manuscript so it is Cool Reader.
Have you configured the rtf.css file in the /.cr3/ directory on the SD card to produce the formatting that you want for RTF ? I do not read RTF, but fb2.css can configure FB2 presentation just the way I want to see it.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #23
Carl314
Enthusiast
Carl314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Motorola Droid with Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
It looks like internal .CSS is not used by some reason. It's a bug.
Could you provide sample .epub with such problem?
Buggins - just in case my message (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=13) got buried in the thread, I posted a small sample file with an embedded css sheet embedded.

I don't like the direction that my current reader, Aldiko, is headed, but I'm holding onto it until cool reader works with css.

Thanks, Carl.
Carl314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #24
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
Just tried out Cool Reader on the Archos A5 tablet (Android 1.6, 800x480 5" screen). So far, I really like the interface customizations and it seems quite stable. However, it does not appear to support inline links (used for footnotes or other references). Currently, those are supported by Aldiko and FBReader. Any intent to add that feature?
- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #25
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
Just tried out Cool Reader on the Archos A5 tablet (Android 1.6, 800x480 5" screen). So far, I really like the interface customizations and it seems quite stable. However, it does not appear to support inline links (used for footnotes or other references). Currently, those are supported by Aldiko and FBReader. Any intent to add that feature?
- Jim
Try long tap on link.
Move back using menu/goto or assign Back action on some key or tap zone.
(If doesn't work, upgrade version).

Last edited by Buggins; 01-10-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #26
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl314 View Post
Buggins - just in case my message (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=13) got buried in the thread, I posted a small sample file with an embedded css sheet embedded.

I don't like the direction that my current reader, Aldiko, is headed, but I'm holding onto it until cool reader works with css.

Thanks, Carl.
Thank you!
I'll check it and fix reader.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
The main problem I am running into now is that it will not show italics. There are some minor issues with formating (paragraph starts, putting the begining of one chapter at the end of the last, running sentences together) These errors are not found on the original manuscript so it is Cool Reader.
Could you provide sample .rtf with bad formatting?

Btw, r you sure that font you are using has Italic? (Possible, Droid font doesn't have Italic).
You can try to put some .ttf including italics (e.g. arial.ttf, ariali.ttf, arialb.ttf, arialbi.ttf) to SD/fonts or SD/.cr3/fonts, and then specify new font face in settings.
Possible, italic will work.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #28
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Hi,
Second- how do you highlight when the book is RFT? I need to be able to highlight/bookmark and make notes. It would be great if I could highlight like Kindle does (Long press) and then if it would prompt "Add note?" In Kindle I have to highlight, then add a note, which can be messy when I send errors to the author.

The best feature would be if there was an option to email all notes/highlights and it would include the original page numbers where those notes would be found. Not sure how feasible that is, maybe a Proof Readers Cool Reader Version?? (Hopeful)

Thanks again!
Text range bookmarks / notes / corrections feature is planned for nearest time. It already exists in CoolReader for other plaforms and will be ported to Android soon.

Please find below description of planned functionality.

All Notes are stored internally as Bookmarks.
Currently, only one type of bookmarks is supported in CR3/Android: position bookmark w/o range and comment (actually, points to first word on page at the time bookmark is created).
New types of bookmark should be added:
Comment Bookmark: range, text containing in range, and comments for text.
Correction Bookmark: range, text containing in range, and corrected text.

To add range bookmark (comment or correction), toggle Selection mode (using menu or action assigned on some key or tap zone).
Now, selected text is simple copied to clipboard.
Instead, toolbar with possible actions will appear on end of selection:
copy to clipboard/add comment bookmark/add correction bookmark/search in dictionary/...
Once add bookmark action is selected, bookmark editing dialog should appear, with "Selection text" readonly textbox, and "Comment/Correction" editable text box.
If bookmark is saved, it should be available in Bookmarks dialog list.
Optionally, it will be possible to highlight all range bookmarks in text. Long tap on highlighted range will open bookmark edit dialog.
Internally, all bookmarks are stored in CR3 application database.
It should be possible to export bookmarks into file, either in TXT (human readable format) or XML (e.g. to share bookmarks between devices, or with Desktop version of reader).

Described functionality is planned to be implemented in 1-2 weeks.

Do you have any suggestions?

Last edited by Buggins; 01-10-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #29
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
Okay, we have links now! This reader seems to have appeared out of nowhere, but I like what I see so far. It's already defeated Aldiko and Moon+, so now it's time to pit it against FBReader. I'll have to see how well I can set it up with my Calibre Library. Does your reader support *.ePub links from the browser?
- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #30
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

Device: SmartQ7, a 1st gen Nook and a Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
Thank You!

This works wonderfully on all the Calibre converted epubs I have on my old Smart Q 7" tablet running Android. I may be able to finally shrink down to one reader app soon!

Thank You again!

Oh, and one more thing... Has anyone with a hacked nook color tried this software yet?
dmon65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader