Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Windows distro and PyCrypto

Can someone tell if pycrypto has always been distributed with the Windows flavor of Calibre? If not, what was the first version of Calibre that included it?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
pycrypto has never been distributed with calibre as far as I know.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I find it under the './Lib/site-packages/' folder of Calibre's install directory (I've never installed anything there). The pycrypto library directory is included in sys.path when queried from a Windows plugin.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Must have been left over from some of my experiments. I have no idea when it sneaked in there.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not complaining. I was just wondering if it could be counted on (from a certain version onward) for plugin development reasons.
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

well I don't plan to remove it, just in case something depends on it, but I really have no idea of when it was first added, probably 0.6.17, but that is a guess. You can look on sourceforge for older versions and check.

Also I don't think it will be included in the OS X and linux binary builds.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Also I don't think it will be included in the OS X and linux binary builds.
Yeah, I've not seen it on the Linux or Mac builds. But that's ok, because Windows has always been the problem child. Linux and Mac OS's come with libcrypto that can achieve many of the same things as pycrypto.

Thanks for the info!