Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #1036
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by enotar View Post
Blank log
How do I run strace with koreader?
thank you

Edit
redo all install but without menú
Now when I launch koreader.png it launch kobo reader not koreader, this is insane....
Re install menú, same thing; I begin to think that the versións I have dont work
Any idea?
I am not sure whether I can follow the whole story. How about a factory reset and starting anew?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #1037
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

I did it and same result.
When I push koreader in Nickel the screen show me
ko
reader
in big fonts but when I select the center of the screen the interface is not koreader but kobo reader.
Will try with diferent FW tan 3.20 to see if it Works.
thanks

Last edited by enotar; 03-19-2014 at 09:46 AM.
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #1038
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I did it and same result.
When I push koreader in Nickel the screen show me
ko
reader
in big fonts but when I select the center of the screen the interface is not koreader but kobo reader.
Will try with diferent FW tan 3.20 to see if it Works.
thanks
I think I understand now what you are saying. I guess what happens is:
1) You select koreader.png in nickel (from home, or from the library)
2) nickel opens koreader.png
3) fmon is triggered and starts koreader.sh
4.1) koreader.sh pauses nickel
4.2) koreader.sh starts koreader, but this fails for some reason
4.3) koreader.sh continues nickel
5) You touch the open koreader.png, as this "book" has only one page, it closes
6) You are back at the nickel home.

3 and 4 only happen, if fmon is correctly configured.

Last edited by tshering; 03-19-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #1039
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I think I understand now what you are saying. I guess what happens is:
1) You select koreader.png in nickel (from home, or from the library)
2) nickel opens koreader.png
3) fmon is triggered and starts koreader.sh
4.1) koreader.sh pauses nickel
4.2) koreader.sh starts koreader, but this fails for some reason
4.3) koreader.sh continues nickel
5) You touch the open koreader.png, as this "book" has only one page, it closes
6) You are back at the nickel home.

3 and 4 only happen, if fmon is correctly configured.
It could be possible that 4.2) might be related to the Touch not having a frontlight. This might be an issue for the N905 Touch but not for the more recent N905C Touch.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #1040
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
brightness set problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It could be possible that 4.2) might be related to the Touch not having a frontlight. This might be an issue for the N905 Touch but not for the more recent N905C Touch.

Luck;
Ken
in post 1014 the error log shows some problem about the function to set brightness via hardware.

Maybe my patch (post 1016) could solve the problem
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #1041
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

I tried different versions and your patch too, nothing works.
I reinstall my Kobo completely and same result.
No go!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #1042
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I tried different versions and your patch too, nothing works.
I reinstall my Kobo completely and same result.
No go!
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but do you have an old model Touch or a new one. If you don't know, you can look at .kobo\version. This file has only one line.
If the end is 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000310, then it is an old model, if it is 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000320, it is a new one.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #1043
enotar
Connoisseur

I finally found a old version that work but screen is right and touch looks rotated 80 degrees
Old 03-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #1044
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I finally found a old version that work but screen is right and touch looks rotated 80 degrees
Maybe this can help.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #1045
enotar
Connoisseur

I tempted to try other newer. Is there big diferences?
Old 03-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #1046
olobolger
olobolger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905
Hi enotar, which Koreader old version have you found that works on your model?

I am a Kobo Touch Mark3 Hardware user and I'm not able to get Koreader working yet, nor in old firmwares, nor in newer ones. I have tuned the code a bit to avoid the (lack of) frontlight problems in this old Touch model and with the coordinates changes I am able to scarcely open a book. But the thing is that the touches behavior is totally weird and I can see a specific pattern or something...

Got to continue making some testing and will report them to help other old models users.
olobolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #1047
enotar
Connoisseur

January first was the last working versión, had to modify orientation in input.lua and all Works fine with reflow and all seting. I am really thankfull and apreciate the help guys.
I really dont know why newest versión after jan first 2014 stop to work.
Only problems for now but have to test further.
When launched in nickel all ok but leaving come back to the koreader screen in kobo reader. Not a big deal.
No frontlight issue to solve, touch behaviour is ok and a lot better tan previous versions.
so now I have start menú, cool reader, koreader and nickel.

Edit:
I think it I was to fast to celebrate, all was working nicely and suddendly after conecting to the destop, kobo sync and boom koreader doesnt work one more time. Try to reinstall but no go and dont remember the step I followed to make it work. What is suprising is I was on 3.20 so I dont think there is any update after that. Too bad I liked koreader very much.
One more time inthe dark, hardreset, reinstall and nothing. Any way to avoid syncing after hardreset or update?

Edit2: I think I am back, long night......but things looks better. To sleep now.

Last edited by enotar; 03-20-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #1048
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
Hmm, I've experienced a weird problem. I have a clean install of KoboLauncher and Koreader on my Mini. Everything works fine except one thing: 'Library/Books' menu automatically starts Koreader. It's not a problem for me (I'm not using the native KEPUB or EPUB reader at all), but would be an issue for others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
This means nickel didn't process completely the file. To fix this, rename the "koreader" folder to something else, like "koreader2"; then open koreader.png with nickel. This prevents koreader to start and enables nickel to process the file thoroughly. When this is done, it should be sufficient to rename the folder back to "koreader".
I ran into the very same problem on my Kobo Mini with firmware 2.8.1:
1.) Install fmon
2.) copy koreader.png to device, open it, go back to homescreen, restart kobo
3.) kopy koboroot.tgz and koreader folder to .kobo

As soon as I go to the library and the koreader.png is displayed, the KoReader Filemanager fires up.

Renaming ./kobo/koreader to ./kobo/koreader2, restarting, opening koreader.png, go back to home, restart, rename ./kobo/koreader2 back did not help.

I completely removed ./kobo/koreader such that koreader.png is display when tapped, rebooted and put ./kobo/koreader back - did not help.

Also, when going back to kobo home screen from FileManager, traces of the FileManager menu are left on screen, hiding the kobo top status bar.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #1049
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
I ran into the very same problem on my Kobo Mini with firmware 2.8.1:
1.) Install fmon
2.) copy koreader.png to device, open it, go back to homescreen, restart kobo
3.) kopy koboroot.tgz and koreader folder to .kobo

As soon as I go to the library and the koreader.png is displayed, the KoReader Filemanager fires up.

Renaming ./kobo/koreader to ./kobo/koreader2, restarting, opening koreader.png, go back to home, restart, rename ./kobo/koreader2 back did not help.

I completely removed ./kobo/koreader such that koreader.png is display when tapped, rebooted and put ./kobo/koreader back - did not help.

Also, when going back to kobo home screen from FileManager, traces of the FileManager menu are left on screen, hiding the kobo top status bar.
You could use tshering's "Kobo Start Menu", which does not use "fmon", and you will not need the launching .png files. KOreader support is included in the Start Menu. VlasovsoftLauncher/KoboLauncher is also supported, including CoolReader.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #1050
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Any way to avoid syncing after hardreset or update?

Edit2: I think I am back, long night......but things looks better. To sleep now.
First get rid of the Kobo Desktop program, you don't need it. Don't push on the "Sync" box on your home page when in Nickel. Save your battery and leave the WiFi off until or unless you are using the browser.

You can "zero out" your user data field in the "KoboReader.sqlite" database on your device. So that you can use the device without registering it.

Luck;
Ken