Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #121
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks. I just bought Hell on Wheels. I don't usually pay for romance novels, as I have so many, but what a great recommendation, Blossom!
Totally agree. I mean this in the absolute kindest way - but Blossom has gotten me into SOO much trouble. It's my own fault, everytime I see her name on the main screen, I come running in and end up buying something. Is is possible to love and not like someone at the same time? LOL! Just kidding Blossom.

I actually got the entire Rock Chick series based solely on her recommendation and it's next on my TBR list which is now stretching from here to Pluto. God, I hope I live long enough to finish all these books.

Last edited by chilady1; 10-11-2012 at 03:38 PM.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #122
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Just wanted to share to my romance mobileread friends that I'm excited to announce I'm getting married today! It's 10-11-12!!!
Congrats! And what a cool anniversary date.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #123
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Totally agree. I mean this in the absolute kindest way - but Blossom has gotten me into SOO much trouble. It's my own fault, everytime I see her name on the main screen, I come running in and end up buying something.
Oh yea. My reading choices have always tipped to the mystery genre. But I grabbed some of Blossom's recommendations and loved them. Now I have a membership to DANL. Last night I bought 10 romances from Sony that would have been out of my radar range pre-MR. My life is richer for it.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #124
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Congratulations Bookratt!
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #125
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Congrats Bookratt! Neat anniversary date too
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #126
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Congratulations Bookratt
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #127
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I had seen a comment elsewhere that these books are a lot like Linda Howard's Blair Mallory books (love them). I have to agree they have a very similar feel and voice.
I did not need to hear this! I love Linda Howard (not her most recent stuff though) and the Blair Mallory books are favorites of mine (now I want to read them again!!). Ok, you've got me - I'm going to try the Rock Chick series
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #128
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Congrats Bookratt!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #129
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I did not need to hear this! I love Linda Howard (not her most recent stuff though) and the Blair Mallory books are favorites of mine (now I want to read them again!!). Ok, you've got me - I'm going to try the Rock Chick series
I just got in line for the audio versions at the library so we will see.

I hope you enjoy the Rock Chick series as much as I have!

Last edited by Blossom; 10-11-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #130
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Just wanted to share to my romance mobileread friends that I'm excited to announce I'm getting married today! It's 10-11-12!!!
Congratulations!!!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #131
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Totally agree. I mean this in the absolute kindest way - but Blossom has gotten me into SOO much trouble. It's my own fault, everytime I see her name on the main screen, I come running in and end up buying something. Is is possible to love and not like someone at the same time? LOL! Just kidding Blossom.

I actually got the entire Rock Chick series based solely on her recommendation and it's next on my TBR list which is now stretching from here to Pluto. God, I hope I live long enough to finish all these books.
I try to recommended books I've read that I loved or heard good things about. It's funny some books I find amazing sometimes do not have the best reviews by some big reviewers out there. And some books I have gotten because of big reviewers said they were very good I found I didn't like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Oh yea. My reading choices have always tipped to the mystery genre. But I grabbed some of Blossom's recommendations and loved them. Now I have a membership to DANL. Last night I bought 10 romances from Sony that would have been out of my radar range pre-MR. My life is richer for it.
That's great! I love to pull fellow non romance readers in the genre. Please those who saw something here on one of our threads then read the book come back and tell us how you liked or didn't like it. It's really is what makes it worth sharing. I too go by recommendation here by others.

This has been the year of contemporary romance reading for me. I read one historical series back in January and that was it. I think next year I will be adding historicals back in but I've enjoyed the switch up for a change.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #132
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

DANL SALES ALERT

Quote:
30% off any Linda Wisdom novels this week!

Created on Thursday, 11 October 2012 08:00

Author Linda Wisdom’s tales of witches and demons are wickedly entertaining! Her light paranormal romances are a delightful way to spend an October evening! Take 30% off any of her books at Discover a New Love with coupon code “WISDOM” when you check out from the cart. Expires October 18, 2012
Old 10-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #133
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
THANK YOU ALL...for your kind thoughts!!!

I had a nice wedding day Some rain (we had an outdoor wedding at a local state park), but it held off raining hard till we were done taking pictures.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #134
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Sorry to be a day late on the congratulations, Bookratt.

Hope you two have a blissful Happily Ever After!

Last edited by mitford13; 10-12-2012 at 03:40 PM.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #135
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
For the record, being married is much better than getting married. After the wedding is when the good stuff really starts happening...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote