Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
misschienwel
misschienwel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Do I lose data / info after updating? MacBook asks if I want to replace Calibre

When I want to update to the new version of Calibre (I've downloaded the .dmg file) it asks me if I want to replace the Calibre program which is already in that folder. Which makes me wonder, do I lose the data and settings I've added to the books in my current program after doing so?
misschienwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
misschienwel
misschienwel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
It didn't lose its data

Realized after that there is (of course) a backup of the library on the computer apart from the installed program. After installing another version you can import the library. This was eventually unnecessary since the new version had all the data automatically, but just in case you can always load the library into an installed version of Calibre.
misschienwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre sets where the Library and other preferences are upon the FIRST install and will not replace those on updates.
Backups are still a good thing. If you use the Export/Import ALL Calibre data, it also saves the settings
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
data lost, losing data, lost metadata, update, updated content