Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #256
SouLThinking
Enthusiast
SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Color
I finally got it today. I've set it up and it's charging. Very nice screen. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. I waited a total of 20 days ! Ordered 4/18 ..received today 5/8. Whew!
SouLThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #257
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Kobo's U.S. Ordering System & Customer Service Is Completely Incompetent - Part 3

And the neverending saga continues....

Finally heard back from Tier 2 support - they indicated that I had "erroneously ordered 2 readers"! Then they provided return shipping instructions, but didn't provide a waybill # or shipping label with paid postage. At this point, my head pretty much exploded. I called back when I know Tier 2 support would be open and specifically requested to speak to the individual whose name was on the response email (Jessye C). I was connected to Jessye and after explaining the situation (I didn't "erroneously" order anything - Kobo lost my 2 orders, told me I would not be charged for them, and then conveniently found them, charged me for them, and shipped them to me), and "assuring & guarenteeing" her that I wasn't paying a single penny - Canadian or U.S. - to ship the 2 units back to them, she agreed to send me a waybill # once I send them more info (name, address, phone #, email address - weird - don't they have that info on file for me already? Funny that they had it when they shipped me my Auras!). I personally think it's a stall tactic on their part. They had absolutely no intention paying for my return shipping until I pressed the issue.

Just FYI - Jessye C. told me that their Tier 2 support are located in Toronto. I have her direct # and extension and am very tempted to post it here for all those frustrated with their ordering experience, but I'm not sure if that would violate an MR forum posting rule
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #258
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Horror stories, one and all.

I honestly don't know, at this point, whether to buy an Aura or read Franz Kafka.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #259
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Horror stories, one and all.

I honestly don't know, at this point, whether to buy an Aura or read Franz Kafka.

Don
Best of both worlds... Kafka on the Aura!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #260
dragon57
dragon57 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
No issues here

Just wanted to say it is possible to have a good order experience. I ordered my Aura last Monday and it arrived today.
dragon57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #261
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon57 View Post
Just wanted to say it is possible to have a good order experience. I ordered my Aura last Monday and it arrived today.
Mine was a good experience as well. I've had my problems with Kobo in the past, but this wasn't one of them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #262
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Touch, a dead Kobo Aura HD, and a dead Kobo Wifi
I waited until I saw they were in stock, but I had no issues and received my aura in 5 days. Very happy with the experience.
beckybug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #263
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
I thought I should update the thread to note that I finally got mine. Ordered on the 19th, so it took quite awhile, but it finally made it here yesterday. It is charging, but I like what I see so far.

The funny thing (kinda) about the shipping process is that the Canada Post site had only 1 update for my Aura..the day it was picked up on May 3. After that, no further updates, and the tracking number never worked on the USPS site either. So I thought it was still sitting in Canada somewhere. Good times.

And I had it sent to my work, so it wasn't sitting at the house all day. I had put "IT Dept: Jeff C" in the address field, and that showed fine in the shipping email Kobo sent me. But naturally they left that off the package, so when the Aura got here, the shipping dept had no idea who the package was for and had to open it and search for the invoice to find out who to deliver it to.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #264
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
Glad you got it. You have the longest waiting time in my list. That was almost 3 weeks you had to wait.

The tracking number issue sounds like a problem between Canada Post and USPS when they handed off to each other.
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #265
stoney77
Enthusiast
stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 2e, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, iPad Pro, Kindle Oasis
After a day of no updates, my shipping info has finally updated only on the usps.com site and it says my package was processed through the sort facility in Chicago on May 8 at 8:31 pm. The Canada Post tracking site has not updated at all since yesterday.

Has anyone else had their package pass through Chicago. If so, how long did it take after that for it to arrive? Thanks
stoney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #266
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Canada Post tracking ends at the border. Try using your tracking number at USPS web site and let us know if it works for you.
https://www.usps.com/
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #267
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney77 View Post
After a day of no updates, my shipping info has finally updated only on the usps.com site and it says my package was processed through the sort facility in Chicago on May 8 at 8:31 pm. The Canada Post tracking site has not updated at all since yesterday.

Has anyone else had their package pass through Chicago. If so, how long did it take after that for it to arrive? Thanks
I believe they all arrive in Chicago after leaving Canada. Mine shipped on a Thursday and it arrived on a Monday.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #268
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Here's my Aura's journey.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trackament.png
Views:	210
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	105727  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #269
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarizt View Post
The tracking number issue sounds like a problem between Canada Post and USPS when they handed off to each other.
Actually Canada Post tracking often fails to work properly. If it ever updates at all, it may be days after the item has already arrived. Sometimes it never updates.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #270
guitarizt
Connoisseur

Well at least Canadians are friendly.