Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 AM   #241
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
Ugh, we ordered the same day and I'm still waiting for mine to ship. I ordered mine at 436am ET so it was practically night of 24th / 25th am. My card wasn't charged until May 1.

What colour did you order? No case right?

I got ivory no case.

Last edited by guitarizt; 05-06-2013 at 04:08 AM.
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #242
Pierre Menard
Zealot
Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch
Yeah, I was momentarily excited thinking that might mean mine could come tomorrow, since I ordered on the 26th (espresso, no case). But then I realized if you've been tracking, that must mean you got a shipped email a while ago, and I still don't even have that.
Pierre Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #243
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
I ordered on the 19th, but the charge did not show up until April 30, the same day I got an invoice via email. But still no shipping info. So this morning I used the chat service on the kobo website to get a shipping status from customer service, and was told it shipped the 30th. I have no idea if it really shipped on the 30th, since they could not give me the tracking info. I'm hoping the customer service person isn't just giving me the invoice date. If it did ship the 30th, though, I should have it today or tomorrow since they claim 5-7 days.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #244
Pierre Menard
Zealot
Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch
omgomgomgomg! The shipping email just came through! Last tracking update says it was processed through the Chicago sort facility yesterday. At last, I have actual, reliable info I can look up and track for myself!
Pierre Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #245
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
Just got my shipping notice, too. No surprise that it did NOT ship on the 30th like customer service told me an hour ago. Looks like it shipped out on Friday May 3. Kinda silly how clueless they are about the order tracking, but at least I can track it myself now.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #246
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Mine shipped on May 3 which is the same day I tried to cancel. It left MISSISSAUGA Mississauga May 3 and it's already in the US. I decided to cancel my Kindle order since that didn't ship yet; it looks like it would have shipped on tues or wed. They gave me my tracking number just now even though it shipped last fri.

I was watching reviews and looking at pictures and I would still have have the Aura for the better screen and even lighting which is what is most important to me. Like I said before, I was just bummed out because of the shipping time and was stressed last week from work. Hopefully I can get the Aura this week, but I feel totally fine now that it's with Canada Post.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #247
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
FWIW, I ordered mine on the 25th, and I got it this morning.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #248
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarizt View Post
Mine shipped on May 3 which is the same day I tried to cancel. It left MISSISSAUGA Mississauga May 3 and it's already in the US. I decided to cancel my Kindle order since that didn't ship yet; it looks like it would have shipped on tues or wed. They gave me my tracking number just now even though it shipped last fri.

I was watching reviews and looking at pictures and I would still have have the Aura for the better screen and even lighting which is what is most important to me. Like I said before, I was just bummed out because of the shipping time and was stressed last week from work. Hopefully I can get the Aura this week, but I feel totally fine now that it's with Canada Post.
If it's in the US then USPS probably has it. I copied the Canada Post tracking number and pasted it into the USPS package tracking tool to follow it to my doorstep.

USPS is at https://www.usps.com/
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #249
guitarizt
Connoisseur

Thanks, it made it to Illinois today. I'm in Vegas so it would be nice to have it Wed, but I'm guessing it'll come Wed or Thurs. At least I won't have to sign for it because I'll probably be gone when it arrives both days.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #250
SouLThinking
Enthusiast
SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!SouLThinking , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Color
Finally got the shipping email yesterday. I wasn't sure how to track it since I've never dealt with Canada post. But I googled it and sure enough the tracking website came up. It says it entered a foreign country yesterday and that is still what it's saying this morning. Do any of you know if it changes from canada post to fed ex at some point?
SouLThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #251
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouLThinking View Post
Finally got the shipping email yesterday. I wasn't sure how to track it since I've never dealt with Canada post. But I googled it and sure enough the tracking website came up. It says it entered a foreign country yesterday and that is still what it's saying this morning. Do any of you know if it changes from canada post to fed ex at some point?
From what others have said it changes to US Postal Service once it's past the border...use the link from post 248, just above yours to look at the tracking.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 05-07-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #252
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Kobo's U.S. Ordering System & Customer Service Is Completely Incompetent - Part 2

So the 2 supposedly cancelled Kobo Auras were delivered yesterday. I promptly called Kobo customer service, and basically asked WTF! Of course, their Tier 2 support was conveniently closed at that time, but I was constantly assured & guaranteed that Tier 2 would be responding back to me today. The rep requested that when I received the email transcript of the issue & phone call that I reply with an attachment showing the charges to my credit card, redacted to remove sensitive/private info. I sent it to them this morning. Guess who I haven't heard a peep from today? No email, no phone call, no nothing. Shocking, I know.

Here's the transcript of the whole history with Kobo, through this morning for anyone who may be in a similar situation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached is copy of my credit card statement showing that Kobo charged me for the 2 orders that were supposed to be cancelled. When will these charges be refunded back to me?

Continuing to be completely disappointed by Kobo's customer (dis)service & e-commerce incompetence,
Lisa

Subject: Re: Follow Up to Earlier Chat Regarding Incident Report 130421-000375 [Incident: 130421-000526]
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 21:47:09 -0400
To: kobo.mail1@frontlinesvc.com

Jodi-Ann S,

Your incredibly vague summary below is missing ALL the key elements of our phone conversation earlier today. It DOES NOT address anything about your many "guarantees" and "promises" that I should expect to receive a follow-up response from Tier 2 support regarding my call today. You also failed to include exactly why I demanded to talk directly to someone in Tier 2 support at the start of today's conversation - because Kobo Tier 2 support assured me in the correspondence below that the original 2 orders below would be cancelled as they were never received by Kobo; however, I was notified by Kobo on 3 May that both original orders were shipped via FedEx! Additionally, I informed you that my credit card was charged for these 2 orders on 1 May. I told you that I expect to have these charges refunded immediately & that once I receive the refund I will return the items to Kobo, who will pay for the shipping charges.

Continuing to be completely disappointed by Kobo's customer (dis)service & e-commerce incompetence,

Lisa
Sent from my iPad

On May 6, 2013, at 8:57 PM, "Kobo Customer Care" <help@kobobooks.com> wrote:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Follow Up to Earlier Chat Regarding Incident Report 130421-000375

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Jodi-Ann S) 05/06/2013 08:57 PM

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care.

You called today requesting to speak directly to our Tier 2 Team. I then advised you that our Tier 2 Team are currently closed and you were transferred to a supervisor.

You were advised to attach a copy of your credit card statement showing only the Kobo charges to this email and send it back to us. Please block out all non-Kobo related information including your credit card numbers.

Feel free to contact Kobo Customer Care and provide the agent with this incident number 130421-000526.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

Customer By Phone (Entered by Jodi-Ann S) 05/06/2013 08:57 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Lisa called today requesting to speak directly to our Tier 2 Team.

Response Via Email (Neleke T) 04/23/2013 04:06 PM
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care Tier 2. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I have taken a look at your account under email address ------@comcast.net

There is only one order being processed.

The order is for:
Kobo Aura HD
SKU: N204-KBO-W and Kobo Aura HD - SleepCover - Onyx

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Response Via Email (Ornella) 04/22/2013 07:16 PM
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We do apologize that you have not received any email confirming your order for the Kobo Aura HD devices.

Today you placed an order a third time using a different email address, and the transaction was successful. You mentioned that if the previous orders went through, you are requesting that they be cancelled. The order number for the third transaction is "Order # 100010110 | Apr 22, 2013 6:42:46 PM".

If you should have a need to contact us again please do so using this reference number 130421-000526.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

Customer By Phone (Entered by Ornella) 04/22/2013 07:16 PM
Lisa called in today stating that she has placed two orders for an Kobo Aura HD device and she has not received any email confirming her orders.

Customer By Email (xxxxxxxx) 04/21/2013 02:40 PM
Follow Up to Earlier Chat Regarding Incident Report 130421-000375

Thank you, but there was no file attached to your email below.
Response

Thank you for taking the time to chat with us, we
are appending a copy of your chat transcript for any future reference.

Auto-Response 04/21/2013 02:20 PM
Thank you for taking the time to chat with us, we are appending a copy of your chat transcript for any future reference.

Question Reference #130421-000526
Product Level 1: Kobo eReader
Product Level 2: Aura HD
Date Created: 04/21/2013 02:20 PM
Last Updated: 05/06/2013 08:57 PM
Place Of Purchase:
Geo Interaction:
Incident Language: English
Phone Number:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I started this thread detailing my mind-numbingly awful experience with Kobo's online ordering system & customer service. I mistakenly thought my situation was over after my third order attempt, which was the only successful one I had, or so I thought. How wrong I was! Kobo has managed to sink lower in their incompetence than I could have ever imagined. I wish I was exaggerating!

Tuesday of this week (30 April) I received 2 emails from Kobo that were from my original 2 pre-orders. These were the 2 orders that the Kobo service reps said they had no record of in their order tracking system. So today I get 2 more emails from Kobo with tracking info for these 2 orders!! I have email transcripts of all my chat sessions with Kobo where they assured me that both orders were cancelled using the order #s I had for them!!!

How is it possible that they can be this incompetent??? How is that they even manage to stay in business?? As I'm currently on vacation with family, I have not called Kobo or started an email chat with them on this new screw-up of theirs. I don't have the patience - or desire to ruin this long weekend of R&R - dealing with their morons in customer service. I dread to think how impossibly frustrating the return process is going to be for these 2 orders....
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #253
stoney77
Enthusiast
stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.stoney77 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Elipsa 2e, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, iPad Pro, Kindle Oasis
Still no word on shipping for me. I ordered the espresso on May 1 and my credit card was charged the next day. I spoke to Live Chat on Monday (6th) and they had no idea when they might be shipping. I'm not very happy that they charged my credit card before anything was shipped.

If you try to order the Aura in espresso, it's no longer available.
stoney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #254
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I have been lurking on these forums for a while now and it was time to join

I wish my first post could be under better circumstances. I don't yet own a eReader but the Aura announcement really peaked my intrest and on the 16th of April I placed my pre-order and received a invoice.

Since then a hold was placed on my credit card and a few days later it was charged. Since then nothing... I emailed Kobo's customer support and got a generic reply of 'we are processing your order'. What has gone wrong here? I ordered a Espresso Aura and matching sleep cover. Are Kobo experiencing production and/or supply problems? This is shaping up to be the worst online purchasing experience I have ever had. I regularly get better customer service from Ebay sellers for low value items where the seller only has basic english communication skills...
ThunderHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #255
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
With all of the different responses - this is one of the primary reasons I have decided NOT to order the AURA. If Kobo gets their "act" together order and customer service wise, I think I may re-think my decision to purchase this device.

I really like the device and so far, based on those that have received one, it seems overall most people like the device.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote