Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Wink The eye on the bezel? ??

What is the small round eye on the upper left corner under the glass in the black bezel area? It looks like a camera, but it may be used by the manufacturer to align the glass for installation.

Look real closely and you'll see what I'm referring too.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast
JoeyBlaze began at the beginning.

It's a small camera allowing Amazon to see everything you're doing...

Seriously though, it's a light sensor.
JoeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I never noticed that before. I do suspect it's a light sensor - most devices have them these days. Though I don't ever think the Fire has automatically adjusted its brightness, or has a setting for that, which is what those are for.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I never noticed that before. I do suspect it's a light sensor - most devices have them these days. Though I don't ever think the Fire has automatically adjusted its brightness, or has a setting for that, which is what those are for.
The original software on the Fire had an auto-brightness setting, but it was removed in 6.1 and hasn't made a return since...no idea why.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm sure it's a light sensor. I'm hoping the auto-brightness function will return with next update.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
neadams99
neadams99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, 3, KFire, Samsung Epic 4G
when oh, when will that be??
neadams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
There's supposed to be an update before Xmas.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Crazy, tonight was the first time I noticed this too. I thought I had accidentally put a mark on the screen and wiped it a couple times before looking closer. Almost does look like a tiny camera lens. That'd be a nice feature to add to the next Fire but I'm sure it'd jack the price up in the process.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:07 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Okay I was wrong. It is a light sensor. Hubby's fault! I asked him.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-22-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #10
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Nope Blossom. Incorrect its a light sensor.
The accelerometer is what knows the orientation of your acids.

See teardown here:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/itd...;siu-container
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Nope, I'm going with a mini-spy camera that Amazon is using to spy on your web surfing.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!
yogibare143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kindle Fire
When I first got my fire it kept dimming every time I put hand in corner. That was how I found sensor. It quit working when it installed 6.1 update. Really hope they get this fixed soon!
yogibare143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #13
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibare143 View Post
When I first got my fire it kept dimming every time I put hand in corner. That was how I found sensor. It quit working when it installed 6.1 update. Really hope they get this fixed soon!
My cover actually covers the corner.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote