Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #31
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I tried Asphalt 5 HD from 1mobile today and it appeared it downloaded and installed without incident. When I tried playing, it just hung on the main screen with an option for full version or quick race. Nothing happened when I tried pressing either.

It was a free download so I gave it a shot.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #32
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
ezPDF Pro, 10 cents. This is a real steal.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
ezPDF Pro, 10 cents. This is a real steal.
I bought it twice. Once from the Market seeing its the latest version and from Amazon in case it wont work being sideloaded.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #34
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I bought it twice. Once from the Market seeing its the latest version and from Amazon in case it wont work being sideloaded.
It would be nice if devs would keep their apps up to date on Amazon too, or maybe it's up to Amazon themselves? Not sure.

Sidenote: I bet most Fire users who are side loading with ES File Explorer don't even realize they're using an outdated version. I found the latest apk through Google and noticed it's much improved, with a new UI for swipe navigation and even allowing you to choose file handlers. So you can for example stream movie files off your computer's shared folder and choose what to open them with. Mobo Player works like a charm, which reads a lot more formats than the built in player. Another one of those apps that belongs on Amazon.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticallion View Post
It would be nice if devs would keep their apps up to date on Amazon too, or maybe it's up to Amazon themselves? Not sure.

Sidenote: I bet most Fire users who are side loading with ES File Explorer don't even realize they're using an outdated version. I found the latest apk through Google and noticed it's much improved, with a new UI for swipe navigation and even allowing you to choose file handlers. So you can for example stream movie files off your computer's shared folder and choose what to open them with. Mobo Player works like a charm, which reads a lot more formats than the built in player. Another one of those apps that belongs on Amazon.
I've given up seeing Mantano 1.6.4 on Amazon. The developer's seem to abandon their apps.

I am using the latest ES File Explorer. It's is much nicer and less buggier than the Amazon version.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-15-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #36
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:

Download the 1Mobile Market App and the AndriodPIT Market App. Both of these Apps provide excellent notification of App updates. In some cases you may need to uninstall the original App if it came from Amazon or another source. For example, I downloaded FreeDictionary.org from Amazon. When I downloaded the update it wouldn't replace the existing App until I unistalled the Amazon version. In most cases these App Stores will notify you of this, especially AndroidPIT. 1Mobile does not require you to set up an account. AndroidPIT does. AndroidPIT offers paid Apps and accepts Paypal.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #37
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. What's funny is I have a notification on my Fire that there's an update for ES File Explorer, when I'm sure it's just the older version you get off Amazon. How ridiculous, can't the thing properly check file version numbers?

Also looks like this 10 cent deal is done. Glad I grabbed a bunch of apps while it was going on. A lot of great little games came and went on there.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #38
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. What's funny is I have a notification on my Fire that there's an update for ES File Explorer, when I'm sure it's just the older version you get off Amazon. How ridiculous, can't the thing properly check file version numbers?

Also looks like this 10 cent deal is done. Glad I grabbed a bunch of apps while it was going on. A lot of great little games came and went on there.
Yep it's over. The updates on App store are wrong. Just ignore them if you have the app installed by another source.