Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #16
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Sentinel 3 Homeworld looks to be my keeper of the day.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #17
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
a few of these today weren't fire compatible, baseball, shazaam, etc
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I grabbed Sims 3 from the Market. It wont sideload on the Fire. It has DRM. I should of known that because it's EA but It works on my phone though it zaps the battery in less then an hour but hey it's Sims! Also grabbed the Winter Wallpaper.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #19
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Oh dang! I just got the Sims 3 hoping I could side load it. thanks for saving me the trouble...rats!
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #20
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I stayed within the amazon store and picked up the kindle fire edition of Asphalt... looks interesting.
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
Oh dang! I just got the Sims 3 hoping I could side load it. thanks for saving me the trouble...rats!
You could root then install that way I think. It's tempting just for this, being a hard core simmer for 12 years. I just stop simmer when Sims 3 and my PC don't get along and found ebooks but every once in a while I get the urge to play again. It does work on my phone though.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:43 AM   #22
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Sims is the best. It makes me sad that it's not on the Amazon App Store yet either. My close friend and I are both Sim diehards too.

Played Asphalt all day today. Is holy shi.. graphics!! The Amazon bar isn't there during gameplay either...

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 12-11-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Sims is the best. It makes me sad that it's not on the Amazon App Store yet either. My close friend and I are both Sim diehards too.
It really was... I think Sims 2 will always be my favorite. I just closed down my sim site last summer. I played Sims 3 for for the first two EPs but my PC just couldn't handle it. So I bought a eReader and then 8 months later a Kindle. Every time I try to get back into it the Kindle draws me away.

It's probably best because it consumed my life for 12 years. If I was making things for the game, I was downloading and if I wasn't downloading I was chatting over at N99 and then their was the actually planning a hood, making a spreadsheet for that hood, finding downloads for the hood and then actually playing. I can't believe I actually found all that relaxing at the time!

With my Kindles I can just sit back and read,
it takes minimal effort and I actually get to sleep sometime.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:04 AM   #24
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What did you used to make for the games? Did you used to make patterns, etc?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
What did you used to make for the games? Did you used to make patterns, etc?
A little of everything. Skintones, objects, recolors, outfits, other genetics, terrains, some hacks, lots...etc. Mostly for Sims 2 but I did a few things for Sims 3 but I started creating with the Original Sim game in 99.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #26
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Nice, nice! The 3D community could use you. People are always looking for that kind of stuff for Daz/Poser/etc. Like to pay a few bucks for nice work they can use.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #27
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I ended up downloading it on my phone but the screen is so small. It is going to take some getting used to. My laptop doesn't work so well with Sims3 either so I only play it for a while several months apart. I played the original Sims and when 2 came out I was all over it. The only thing I ever created and uploaded was clothing. Nothing too hard as I didn't have a lot of time...although all my free time was spent playing and when my computer crashed and I lost my favorite special animal family I didn't have the heart to continue. I was crushed! That was my wake up call that I spent too much time simming, LOL. I've only barely dabbled in Sims 3. I should probably leave it that way....
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #28
MikeGolf
Connoisseur

The Amazon store is offering Sim City Deluxe (Kindle Fire Edition) for .10 cents today.

http://www.amazon.com/SimCity-Deluxe...3624046&sr=1-2
Old 12-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Nice, nice! The 3D community could use you. People are always looking for that kind of stuff for Daz/Poser/etc. Like to pay a few bucks for nice work they can use.
Thanks but I'm rather burned out on it at the moment. I prefer to read on my Kindle. My current PC is rather quirky. The motherboard has a short in it. I usually build my own PC but Nov 2008 I bought a Gateway and as soon as the warranty ran out it started eating parts. It's gone through fans, a PSU and 2 hard drives. It complains when I try to do anything graphic heavy or basically anything that draws more power from the motherboard it doesn't like. I wont ever buy another Gateway again but I am stuck with this PC for a little while more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
The Amazon store is offering Sim City Deluxe (Kindle Fire Edition) for .10 cents today.

http://www.amazon.com/SimCity-Deluxe...3624046&sr=1-2
I picked that one up!

Note I read on EA Games through the Market not sure on Amazon's app store that once you download it and install it you can't do it again and if you uninstall it you are out of luck. So keep that in mind when buying games from them.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #30
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Me too, I love Sim City! And thanks for the note about the things EA likes to do. I guess they're really worried about piracy.

I'd recommend DELL PCs/Laptops. That or Toshiba. I've had them all, IBM, Gateway, Compaq/HP, Sony, and Macs. A few others I could never tell what the brand was, LOL. I had more motherboard problems with IBM machines than anything else. Like, every single one they'd throw out at school had the same issue, among different models. I don't personally like the Compaq/HP build quality. It was the first machine where the USB slot came entirely off. Sony machines are too overpriced because of their design, and I don't actually remember my Gateway machine much to be honest!