Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #241
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibare143 View Post
Have been trying to download MoboPlayer 1.2.176 from http://androiddev.orkitra.com. It will download between 300k and 700k and give file done message. Any one know of other location to download to pc to side load?

Thanks
Mark
Try cleaning your cache then retry to download. It might be on one of the other markets.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #242
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd began at the beginning.

Device: K3/Fire
This has been one of the most helpful threads, I found most of what I needed but I still kept running into the android market wall. Easy and safe access to most of the apps I needed were on the Android Market so I went ahead and rooted my fire. Was pretty easy.

Also, when rooting your fire the first step has you editing a driver, the edited driver works far better for my fire than the native windows driver did. If you have problems connecting your kindle to your PC consider the modified drivers.
Dolorous Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #243
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
This has been one of the most helpful threads, I found most of what I needed but I still kept running into the android market wall. Easy and safe access to most of the apps I needed were on the Android Market so I went ahead and rooted my fire. Was pretty easy.

Also, when rooting your fire the first step has you editing a driver, the edited driver works far better for my fire than the native windows driver did. If you have problems connecting your kindle to your PC consider the modified drivers.
Glad you got access. I have the Market on my phone so I don't need to root at all.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #244
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd began at the beginning.

Device: K3/Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Glad you got access. I have the Market on my phone so I don't need to root at all.
I bought the Iphone instead of an android, one more reason to regret that decision.
Dolorous Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #245
goggin
Enthusiast
goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I've found gReader to be a nice alternative.
Thanks! Greader is fast, full featured, and easy to use -- best Google Reader app.
goggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #246
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plex is finally available to the Fire, it works great.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #247
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
podcast app

Which apk store can I find those on? I searched a few but no luck from a reputable location
thnx

Quote:
The two mentioned does both. BeyondPod has just submitted their app to Amazon. So if you wait a bit you can buy it there. I am using DoggCatcher. There is no trial but it's a great app for the Price if you are into podcasts. BeyondPod does have a free version with some limits but it will give you idea if you want the paid version or not.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #248
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Question
If you dont have an Android smartphone (I dont yet), how do you register / setup a device at the Android Market to let it know you do have a device so that you can d/l the apps to then sideload to your Fire?

Or do you just have to always find the apk on other non A.M. sites?
Old 12-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #249
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Which apk store can I find those on? I searched a few but no luck from a reputable location
thnx
Doggcatcher can be purchased directly through the developer's website.

Beyondpod Free can be found at 1Mobile and
You can purchase a unlock key from SlideME or through the developer's website if want to buy it.

Amazon will have it up hopefully soon if you want to wait on buying BeyondPod
Old 12-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #250
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Question
If you dont have an Android smartphone (I dont yet), how do you register / setup a device at the Android Market to let it know you do have a device so that you can d/l the apps to then sideload to your Fire?

Or do you just have to always find the apk on other non A.M. sites?
You first need a device that is compatible. It will either come with the Market or you can sideload it. On Colby Tablets you don't need to root at all to add the Market. The Fire needs to rooted to add the Market then you unroot it.

Once you have the Market you add your Google account and it sets up the rest for you.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #251
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
Plex is finally available to the Fire, it works great.
Are you able to stream from your plex library on your Pc? I want to get this set up but am stymied until i receive a replaced/refurbished external drive back from a manufacturer... lost 2tb worth of plex library on a bum drive :<

Let me know some particulars...!
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #252
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
Are you able to stream from your plex library on your Pc? I want to get this set up but am stymied until i receive a replaced/refurbished external drive back from a manufacturer... lost 2tb worth of plex library on a bum drive :<

Let me know some particulars...!
They just don't make hard drives like they use to. I go through about one a year now days.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:20 AM   #253
salsaguy
Addict

beyondpod

Thanks
just d/l beyondpod. Looks/works great and has both stream and d/l options which us nice
looks promising for my podcasting app

Quote:
Doggcatcher can be purchased directly through the developer's website.

Beyondpod Free can be found at 1Mobile and
You can purchase a unlock key from SlideME or through the developer's website if want to buy it.

Amazon will have it up hopefully soon if you want to wait on buying BeyondPod

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-04-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: typeo
Old 12-04-2011, 03:39 AM   #254
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks
just d/l beyondpod. Looks/works great and has both stream and d/l options which us nice
looks promising for my podcasting app
It's up at Amazon now but not mark compatible with Fire. Maybe it will be later once it's reviewed. I've noticed a few apps that were mark just this week compatible.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #255
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Started using WiFi File Explorer Pro...great little app for .99c...It works just fine...last night while trying it out, connect, reconnect, move a file...my son tells me his xbox 360 has lost its' internet connect 3 times...hmmm the number of times I've just connected to wifi pro...I shut it down again and he reconnects...both devices using the same port I'd guess...
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote