Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Managing apps on multiple devices

I have two devices, an iPad and an iPhone, which I use from the same computer.

When I buy an App on my iPhone, how can I prevent that App from automatically also be loaded onto my iPad the next time I connect it? Can Apps be manually synced, as music or video can be?

Thanks,
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
should be possible in iTunes 9.2
Connect the device and when its docked in iTunes click on it once. It will show you all kinds of statistics etc. In that menu bar click on Apps.
You can now determine which App is installed on your device. Also you can change the sorting there directly.
Then when you do a sync it will modify the device.
I have an old iPod touch and an iPad and that is what I use to determine which App goes where.

Also in Itunes the apps are sorted. Its iPod/IPhone, iPad and universal apps.
I believe only iPad and universal apps get sync'ed automatically to the iPad

Syncing an app for the iPod is a manual process

Hope this helps
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Be sure you have the latest iTunes. Hook up iDevice..... goto the Apps tab and uncheck the automatically install app option. Do that on both iDevices.... done...

Also as said above be sure to check only the Apps you want on that particular iDevice....

I sync 2 iPads and an iPhone 3G with no problem...
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks - I'll experiment when I get home from work tonight.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote