Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
polarbearmike
Nook Reader
polarbearmike began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
possible augmentation in main library window

Is possible maybe to add a column in the main library window showing what formats are available for each book? I get e-books from many sources, in many formats. I convert all to EPUB, but being human miss a few now and then. This column would help me find those I haven't converted yet. Not a big deal, but would be a nice touch, esp. in a library of over 1300 volumes.

Thanx!
polarbear Mike
polarbearmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearmike View Post
Is possible maybe to add a column in the main library window showing what formats are available for each book? I get e-books from many sources, in many formats. I convert all to EPUB, but being human miss a few now and then. This column would help me find those I haven't converted yet.
lower right corner, hit the tag, select Formats, click the EPUB tag twice. It will put 'not format:"EPUB"' on your search line and only the books without epub format will show up.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
I was wondering the same thing, thank you for the tip! I still think it would be great to have the format as its own column so you just need to click on the field header and sort by format type, while still displaying all ebooks in the library!
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul58 View Post
I still think it would be great to have the format as its own column so you just need to click on the field header and sort by format type, while still displaying all ebooks in the library!
How would you know which format to sort on? Each book can have a dozen different formats. It doesn't seem very useful to me, even if you can decide how to implement it. I keep all my originals, so every format has more than will fit on a single screen.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearmike View Post
Is possible maybe to add a column in the main library window showing what formats are available for each book? I get e-books from many sources, in many formats. I convert all to EPUB, but being human miss a few now and then. This column would help me find those I haven't converted yet. Not a big deal, but would be a nice touch, esp. in a library of over 1300 volumes.

Thanx!
polarbear Mike
While a single title is highlighted, the comments Window (at the bottom) includes a line, Formats:
It also shows the Path where the book is being kept within Calibre
But the simplest is use the luggage tag and under formats, repeat click until a Minus sign shows, the format that you want to se what is missing . If you hod down the control key, and clic another format, (or tag, BOTH apply to the filtered view.
Calibre is great in all the things it can accomplish.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert