Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Just sent off the email. This is a great deal. Most of these units are just returns. People who most likely had it for a week and didn't like it. Mine that came today looks brand new and works great.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
This is a fantastic deal, if I did not already have a K2, I would buy one now. At $189 for refurbished, it's a bargain!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #18
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
snagged one this am for a gift, per this post.........

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56522

From all accounts, on this board, 'refurbished' Kindles look and act like new. They carry the same warranty (one year) and return policy.
According to the information I can see, they only provide a 30 day return warranty. What makes you think there is a one year warranty?
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:04 AM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
According to the information I can see, they only provide a 30 day return warranty. What makes you think there is a one year warranty?
I meant to say 30 day return policy, and one year warranty.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 AM   #20
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Now it seems to be $219.00
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #21
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
that's a great price!
It's a factory sell without profit, so you see that Amazon made quite somemoney selling these devices! (at least about $100 per device).
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
Just to clarify, I emailed Amazon Customer support. This is their reply. Again, no one beats their customer service!

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing a Kindle from Warehouse Deals, your purchase comes with a One-Year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under ordinary use.

You can read the full text Kindle's warranty here:

http://www.amazon.com/kindlewarranty

I hope this helps. Thanks for checking out Kindle.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:
Old 09-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #23
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
Now it seems to be $219.00
Correct me if I'm wrong - I believe this is the first time refurbished K2's have been available - at any price.
Wonder if Amazon is clearing out inventory prior to Xmas - or prior to launching a new unit to eclipse the Sony launch? Any rumors?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #24
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Oooh, I like this news!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #25
gravescp
gravescp is on a distinguished road

Device: iphone
I wonder if this means we will see a k3 befor Xmas
gravescp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #26
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Why? K2 was just released about 6 months ago. Note that these are REFURBISHED K1s for $150. REFURBISHED K2s are $220. They're just wanting to clear out stock of the original Kindle.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Or - Amazon may be trying to saturate the ebook market prior to the Sony release. Why wait for a release later in the year when you can own a Kindle today - for much less!! Start reading now, etc., etc., etc.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Regardless of the reason, its an unbeatable price, for a great product, with superb customer support, fantastic selection of books, full warranty, and a no questions asked return policy.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #29
gravescp
gravescp is on a distinguished road

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Or - Amazon may be trying to saturate the ebook market prior to the Sony release. Why wait for a release later in the year when you can own a Kindle today - for much less!! Start reading now, etc., etc., etc.
I agree no reason to wait. In fact I already ordered my K1 refurb, I was just wondering if Sony's new readers would force more then just a price response?
gravescp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #30
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Regardless of the reason, its an unbeatable price, for a great product, with superb customer support, fantastic selection of books, full warranty, and a no questions asked return policy.
I agree. I just bought a refurbished k2 for $250. Even if they don't knock some off that price since they reduced it, its still a great deal. Mine is essentially new. My Sony pocket reader is only $50 cheaper and is smaller and offers none of the features of the kindle like dictionary lookup and wireless downloading and browsing. And its $110 cheaper than the k2 I bought in February and had just recently sold because I jumped the gun thinking I was going to love the Sony 600 which I returned because of the glare. Since getting the kindle 2 again, I have pretty much stopped using the pocket sony reader and probably will be returning that as well.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote