Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 01-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Opera Mobile 8.5 for WM 5.0 leaked

Okay, according to a guy who knows a guy who told my friend who told me, some crackers have discovered a method to run Opera Mobile 8.5 (not to be confused with Opera Mini) on any Windows Mobile 5.0 handheld. The crack involves patching opera.dll to unlock the browser from the Sharp/Willcom W-Zero3 device. As a matter of fact, you can officially download Opera Mobile from here (I don't think anyone has posted about this before). HOWEVER I'm not about to point you to the crack, you filthy, evil pirate.

Screenshots attached.

PS: It came also to my ears that Opera is to officially announce Opera Mobile on January 15th.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	opera85_1.gif
Views:	4372
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	888   Click image for larger version

Name:	opera85_2.gif
Views:	3623
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	889   Click image for larger version

Name:	opera85_3.gif
Views:	3985
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	890   Click image for larger version

Name:	opera85_4.gif
Views:	2712
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	891   Click image for larger version

Name:	opera85_5.gif
Views:	2464
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	892   Click image for larger version

Name:	opera85_6.gif
Views:	2979
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	893   Click image for larger version

Name:	opera85_7.gif
Views:	2760
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	894   Click image for larger version

Name:	opera85_8.gif
Views:	2335
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	895  
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Does it work under WM 2003 SE?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
No, it does only under WM 5.0. First, the .cab is compressed which isn't supported by WM 2003 (SE). And second, the executable is compiled for WM 5.0.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow this is pretty! Microsoft should have purchased Opera - even if only for getting rid of its ugly PIE browser
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I wonder what they will charge for it. Opera 8 for Windows Mobile Smartphone 2003 is like $30, quite pricy for yet another browser alternative.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #6
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Looks great, but I don't have a WM5 device. (Nor am I planning to "upgrade" either.) Actually, PIE isn't that bad. It suffices for my (admittedly limited) browsing needs.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #7
darwinperu
darwinperu began at the beginning.

Device: QTEK 9125
Hello, excuseme my english is not good, i have installed Opera 8.5 on my pocket but i need to crack the opera.dll, some body can to post the link for download that file please?
thanks.
darwinperu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:35 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sorry, but nobody will be posting a link to help you crack Opera.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
gokudre
gokudre began at the beginning.

Device: moto q
Talking simple step to keep 30 day trial going... forever. opera mobile

Instructions describing how to by-pass the time limiting removed. This is a violation of copyright; we don't do that here on MR.

gokudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 AM   #10
happynow
Banned
happynow began at the beginning.

Device: fgh
Thumbs up

It looks great, but I don't have a WM5 device.
happynow is offline   Reply With Quote