Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Problems loading HTML files in v6.11

Hi,
This is my first post, I wonder if someone could help.

Since upgrading to calibre v6.11 a couple of days ago, I have been having problems with formatting (centre, right-align) being messed up in ebooks which I have uploaded in HTML format.

My HTML source was originally generated from MSWord (quite old - 2002). I know that Word’s generated HTML is not the best, however, I have tried manually stripping out all the excess code down to the bare minimum and I still get the same problem.

At first I thought the problem arose during the ebook conversion process but I now think it’s happening sooner. If I examine the source HTML with that in the calibre zip file, some of the <p> tags seem to have gone missing, so it’s not surprising the formatting is messed up. I think it may have something to do with the <br> tags in the source HTML, because if I manually change them to <br /> tags and re-upload to calibre, the problem goes away. Or at least it goes away in my little test file.

You may wonder why I don’t just do this to all my new HTML ebooks. The trouble is, I’m not sure this is guaranteed to fix all the problems. More to the point, this problem did not happen with v6.10. I’ve dug out an old PC and done a brand new install of v6.10 to confirm this.

In case it’s important, I’m using Windows XP SP3 and I use calibre exclusively via the GUI not the commandline.

I’ve attached a tiny problematic test HTML and hope that someone can try uploading to their v6.11 and see if you get the same problem. I am pretty new at the ebook game and HTML in general, so it may be me doing something wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Verse_centre_right.htm.txt (1.2 KB, 244 views)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Please open a ticket and attach your test file to that. I tend to lose track of forum posts. You can open a ticket by registering on the calibre website, logging in and clicking New Ticket
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Thanks for quick reply. I'll open a ticket but it may take me a little while to figure how to do it.

P.S. Love your software
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote