Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Adobe Digital Editions Problem: Help

Bought a book on eBook.com tonight in Adobe format and downloaded it. It came up in the Adobe Digital Editions library but I can't figure out how to move it into my Sony eBook Library. It's in my ADE library and I can open and read it there but can't figure out how to import it into my Sony sBook library.

Would appreciate any advice
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Is this on Windows or the Mac? On the Mac, you need to find the actual file for the book, usually in your Documents folder under a subfolder called Digital Editions.

On Windows, when you connect the Reader, assuming you have upgraded the firmware and the Sony eBook Library software, it should show up as a book shelf at the bottom of DE. You can just drag and drop the book right into it.

You should also be able to find the book directly and just drag it onto the Reader in Explorer but I'm not sure where the files are stored in Windows.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hey jplumey, thanks. That did the trick! Why didn't I think of linking up my Sony? Should have realized that was necessary after the Firmware update, which I downloaded last week.

Anyway, thanks a lot. I owe you a drink
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
You should also be able to find the book directly and just drag it onto the Reader in Explorer but I'm not sure where the files are stored in Windows.
On Windows. ebooks from Adobe Digital Editions install into \Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Digital Editions\
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hey jplumey, thanks. That did the trick! Why didn't I think of linking up my Sony? Should have realized that was necessary after the Firmware update, which I downloaded last week.

Anyway, thanks a lot. I owe you a drink
Glad you're in business!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert