Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-30-2015, 06:52 PM   #61
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Airborne coughs spread more germs than ereaders.
Oh Katie,
Please tell me you never touch the dirtiest substance on earth. Seriously, money has more germs than a microbiology lab.
Really! No I Live ALONE with my son He Better Not get near me with a cold! Last time he did I was Sick for 6 Months!
What Money
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:02 PM   #62
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Isopropyl alcohol is fine with most plastics, and is not a problem with screens. It is widely used for cleaning instrument screens, etc. Just do not use other commonly available alcohols such as ethyl alcohol (denatured or not).

I do not need to use it myself, but there again I do not eat my bacon and eggs with my fingers and read at the same time. A damp cloth is all I occasionally use.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #63
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
Isopropyl alcohol is fine with most plastics, and is not a problem with screens. It is widely used for cleaning instrument screens, etc. Just do not use other commonly available alcohols such as ethyl alcohol (denatured or not).

I do not need to use it myself, but there again I do not eat my bacon and eggs with my fingers and read at the same time. A damp cloth is all I occasionally use.
I don't Eat laying Down either ... Don't want to be like my gf in a coma from choking!
Old 12-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #64
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Hers the JOKE thread on the subject... Please use it for Snarky remarks.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241079

Really with ALL to Threads about the Problems the Lighted eReads have I figured I must not be the only one.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:51 PM   #65
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I have problems holding on to those things ...so tiny! I use very soft Clean wash cloth. I spray 1 squirt of 91% Isoproply Alcohol dead center. Once a Week! Yet the Tech claims that how the PW Developed the Bright white Lights! I can see it damaging the Top, But Not how it got under the glass to mess it up!
Whatever you use to clean it (and again alcohol is just not needed), never ever spray directly on the screen with a non-waterproof device. Spray or dab a little on a lintfree cloth and then wipe.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2015, 05:48 AM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Well then I wont be Replacing the PW with Nothing! IF I cant Clean it then No Use having one! Stick to my K3 at least it like New Even with Weekly cleaning!
You can clean your Reader. But you don't need to use anti-bacterial wipes or the like. I've been using a Reader since the PRS-500 and I've never had a problem with germs. I've been using a cell phone since the days of the Motorola flip phone and no issue with germs. I've been using money since I has a kid and no problem with germs. I've been using doorknobs (and the like) againno problem with germs.

If you spend your time worrying about germs, life is going to be way too stressful to live. Doors & money are two of the most germ covered things and I've never had a problem nor do I know anyone who has.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:51 AM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Whatever you use to clean it (and again alcohol is just not needed), never ever spray directly on the screen with a non-waterproof device. Spray or dab a little on a lintfree cloth and then wipe.
I agree with that. And if you are going to use isopropal alcohol, do it fast. You want it on the screen as little time as possible.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #68
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can clean your Reader. But you don't need to use anti-bacterial wipes or the like. I've been using a Reader since the PRS-500 and I've never had a problem with germs. I've been using a cell phone since the days of the Motorola flip phone and no issue with germs. I've been using money since I has a kid and no problem with germs. I've been using doorknobs (and the like) againno problem with germs.

If you spend your time worrying about germs, life is going to be way too stressful to live. Doors & money are two of the most germ covered things and I've never had a problem nor do I know anyone who has.
Yes, you do know someone that has had money problems. Although that could also be the
number of sick people that come in and are handling money.
Total off topic but which is cleaner a men's restroom or a women's restroom on a college campus?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:21 AM   #69
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Let's stay on topic please.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:51 AM   #70
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I don't use anything other than a slightly moist eye cleaning cloth on my kindles. Never had any issue. Often just use it dry. They lay around all over my house. I just grab one. I wash them, um, occasionally?

I also have a brush, like a flat paint brush that is good for the cracks. Not an issue anymore on the Voyage thankfully. But it was really useful getting cat hair out of the cracks.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:01 AM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post

I also have a brush, like a flat paint brush that is good for the cracks. Not an issue anymore on the Voyage thankfully. But it was really useful getting cat hair out of the cracks.
I need something like that for the K3.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:17 AM   #72
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I agree with that. And if you are going to use isopropal alcohol, do it fast. You want it on the screen as little time as possible.
What you think I wait to wipe it off..
Old 01-01-2016, 03:21 AM   #73
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I don't use anything other than a slightly moist eye cleaning cloth on my kindles. Never had any issue. Often just use it dry. They lay around all over my house. I just grab one. I wash them, um, occasionally?

I went to see a Kindle from a lady in PA.. we met in MD anyway it was sooo dirty with cat hair my son had to leave the car to stop sneezing! No I didn't buy it we just left.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:24 AM   #74
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I need something like that for the K3.
I use my fingernails to get the dog hair off my K3... works great since the pages don't change. Didn't work on the PW unless I didn't have a book open.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:42 AM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I use my fingernails to get the dog hair off my K3... works great since the pages don't change. Didn't work on the PW unless I didn't have a book open.
I don't have nails I would trust to due that for.