Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #151
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Are you using 5.1.2 or lower? 5.3.1 is for PW only.
Maybe we need to draw a diagram for this member?

The interleaved version numbering Amazon is using for the two devices is causing a lot of confusion.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #152
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Hey guys..
I'm on FW 5.3.2, I do have Jailbreak and the Kindlet Jailbreak..
I Put KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 in documents folder and run it on my KT, with no problems.. But none of the listed extentions work.. when i press them, launcher just turns off..
Am I missing something? English is not my native language + I'm the new Kindle user and I might missunderstood something on the description..
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #153
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
Hey guys..
I'm on FW 5.3.2, I do have Jailbreak and the Kindlet Jailbreak..
I Put KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 in documents folder and run it on my KT, with no problems.. But none of the listed extentions work.. when i press them, launcher just turns off..
Am I missing something? English is not my native language + I'm the new Kindle user and I might missunderstood something on the description..
Some logging would be helpful.

will look at this very soon now.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #154
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Some logging would be helpful.

will look at this very soon now.
I don't know how to do logging
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #155
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I can confirm that Komic v2.1 doesn't work on 5.3.2 firmware.
This is not related to the unified launcher (it works really fine on 5.1.2 firmware with the same launcher)!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #156
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
I don't know how to do logging
No. I mean like - WE need to provide better error output.

Notification of missing required elements etc.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #157
April_7th
Connoisseur

Quote:
No. I mean like - WE need to provide better error output.

Notification of missing required elements etc.
Got it

Forgot to say - Thank you for this great job..
Old 01-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #158
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Thanks a lot for v0.3!
Just a small thing: with the new parsing engine, extensions with more than one entry are scattered all over the list based on the first letter of the name.
This can be avoided adding the name of the extension before the name of the script.
I.E:

Komic run Komic
Komic Decompress CBZs and CBRs
Komic rename files

etc...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #159
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Just a small thing: with the new parsing engine, extensions with more than one entry are scattered all over the list based on the first letter of the name.
This can be avoided adding the name of the extension before the name of the script.
I.E:

Komic run Komic
Komic Decompress CBZs and CBRs
Komic rename files

etc...
Thank you. The parsing engine can do that already, but it isn't currently enabled in the GUI. I think ixtab and twobob have a plan
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #160
twobob

[root@kindle root]# ./parse.sh
./parse.sh: line 67: syntax error: Bad substitution

on a kindle 3. Can we make this compliant on all devices?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #161
twobob

[root@kindle root]# busybox sh ./parse.sh
Quote:
BEGIN Run Grayed Installbin/start_update.sh
BEGIN USBNETWORKINGbin/usbnetwork.sh
PREVENT ScreenSaversbin/ssprevent.sh
ALLOW ScreenSaver bin/ssallow.sh
411 Page (Other Info)bin/411.sh 411
I "fixed" this by pointing to a more modern sh version that I had built for busybox...

but it would be nice to not have to bundle that just for the sh support.

if you REALLY felt it was worth it... possibly we should just go ahead and include BASH compiled for all kindles but I would prefer a native solution as this feels like overkill.

the current error is:

Quote:
Line 67: if [[ \" = ${x:0:1} ]]; then
probably doesn't like x:y:z ?

Happy to test. the sh version on the older busybox is documented on the thread i linked. much obliged.

since [root@kindle root]# busybox sh ./parse.sh does no harm on devices that Dont have a multiple busybox installation and it Does allow for multiple busyboxes to bypass to horrid command line grabbing I may just shove that command in by default for now.

Last edited by twobob; 01-26-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #162
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
@twobob:
It might not like the [[ ]], that is something out of bash, barebone ash does not do that. You'd have to look at the busybox documentation to see which shell is implemented. Or you could try splitting the one liner up to expand to get rid of the inside of [[ ... ]].

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-26-2013 at 10:36 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #163
twobob

http://landley.net/mantis/mantis-2924.html

Quote:
The shell construct:

${varname:begin:end} does not produce the substring of $varname starting at begin and going to end.

example:

#!/bin/ash

mystr="This is a string"
echo $mystr
mysubstr=${mystr:0:4}
echo $mysubstr
#end of example

Expected output:
This is a string
This

Actual output:
This is a string
./testscript: line 5: syntax error: Bad substitution
thought it looked familiar

so

Quote:
if [[ \" = ${x:0:1} ]]; then
is just trimming the first char for a test? perhaps I can bodge that another way

EDIT:

Quote:
if [[ \" = $( `echo $x | awk '{print substr ($0, 0, 1)}'` ) ]]; then
maybe??

Last edited by twobob; 01-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #164
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Or compare it using a case statement with a \"* case?
Might work. Might not.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #165
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
[root@kindle root]# ./parse.sh
./parse.sh: line 67: syntax error: Bad substitution

on a kindle 3. Can we make this compliant on all devices?
Please download update from #140 and let me know if that helps.
Is there any way my KT could run the K3 busybox binary, if you found a way to rip it from a K3? I don't have a K3 to test this script on.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified