Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
elpresdentde
elpresdentde began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
kindle semi brick problem

hello all

i was trying to jailbreak my kindle touch and i got into a spot of bother

i used the method described in Yifan Lu page and i ended up semi bricking the device i think mainly because their is one step missing between yifan lu and wiki version of how to jailbreak. anyway i can boot up but the kindle will always boot into diagnostic mode and i have to use mfgtool to get the kindle to work again . that cool it still works great but i have no text to speech and i really want to fix the kindle and jailbreak it to fix the margins for cbr files.

what im looking for is a clear guide as to how to get the jail broken from this and to fix the errors which cause it to go to diag mode and maybe a decent backup cause i was unable to make one. windows 7 user

thank you
elpresdentde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Moved to the dev forum.
You need to boot to fastboot mode and use the fastboot tool to change your bootmode var to main. Details are provided in the debricking sticky.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
elpresdentde

thanks geekmaster
I will do that as soon as i have some time (meaning after my exams are over ). thanks for the prompt reply will let the board know how i got on. thanks for the prompt response.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
elpresdentde

hi geekmaster thank you for your help but when im trying to boot into fastboot mode this does not work . i can boot into main but that's about it any help would be appreciated
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpresdentde View Post
hi geekmaster thank you for your help but when im trying to boot into fastboot mode this does not work . i can boot into main but that's about it any help would be appreciated
How did you determine that you cannot boot to fastboot mode? What VID/PID?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote