Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Paxman53
Connoisseur
Paxman53 began at the beginning.

Device: 7" Tablet - Aldiko Reader Premium
Unwanted <Div> at end of file

Hi,

Can anyone help.

I am converting existing Epub files to my liking i.e. setting up chapter headings etc.

I use Sigil to tidy up the file and set up h2 (title) h3 (Chapter heading) & h4 (Chapter title).

I then use Calibre to convert the file splitting on h3 - which is fine so far.

The problem I have is after conversion at the end of each file I now have:

e.g. <div class="calibre7" id="calibre_pb_2"></div> progressing by 2 each file.
<div class="calibre7" id="calibre_pb_4"></div>

This wasn't there before conversion.

It doesn't appear to do anything and if removed has no effect, that I can see, on the file.

Can anyone explain why Calibre puts it in, if it's needed and if not how to prevent it?

Failing that can anyone show me how to block remove all the codes using regex as I have tried and have no idea what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Paxman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman53 View Post
Hi,

Can anyone help.

I am converting existing Epub files to my liking i.e. setting up chapter headings etc.

I use Sigil to tidy up the file and set up h2 (title) h3 (Chapter heading) & h4 (Chapter title).

I then use Calibre to convert the file splitting on h3 - which is fine so far.

The problem I have is after conversion at the end of each file I now have:

e.g. <div class="calibre7" id="calibre_pb_2"></div> progressing by 2 each file.
<div class="calibre7" id="calibre_pb_4"></div>

This wasn't there before conversion.

It doesn't appear to do anything and if removed has no effect, that I can see, on the file.

Can anyone explain why Calibre puts it in, if it's needed and if not how to prevent it?

Failing that can anyone show me how to block remove all the codes using regex as I have tried and have no idea what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I don't know why it is there other than for an ID marker)

Code:
 <h2 class="chapterstyle">Chapter N&nbsp; <br /><span class="capterTitlestyle">Chapter Title</h2>
Now the title also appears in the TOC on the same line(you need the trailing space or something to prevent run together)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
pb could stand for page break - check the css for calibre7 in this example there might be something in there that makes sure the content that follows will start on a new page... might make a difference for some readers

it could also be simply a marker for calibre itself so it knows there's supposed to be a page break there when you convert it to other formats.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote