Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Dragons
Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Is there a way to open Calibre to the last book and page you've read?

I use Calibre to read while at my computer and the Kindle to read other places. So mostly I read from Calibre, and it would make it easier to be able to have Calibre open to or just after opening go to the book and page that I was reading the last time I closed Calibre. Any help would be appreciated.
Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre viewer opens to the last age of the book that you were reading. As for the last book, right click the view button in calibre for a list of recently read books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2022, 08:30 AM   #3
emanueol
Enthusiast
emanueol doesn't litteremanueol doesn't litter

Device: Huawei Mediapad M5 8" and 10", Boox Onyx Max, Amazon Fire 8HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons View Post

I use Calibre to read while at my computer and the Kindle to read other places. So mostly I read from Calibre, and it would make it easier to be able to have Calibre open to or just after opening go to the book and page that I was reading the last time I closed Calibre. Any help would be appreciated.
Me too. Trying do understand if such an option exists on android Caliber Companion app?

As of now when i launch the app i just see latest list of books in one tag.
I need to click the book and then click read everytime..

Anyone knows if this option exists ?

Kind regards
emanueol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 10:09 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanueol View Post
Me too. Trying do understand if such an option exists on android Caliber Companion app?

Kind regards
Calibre Companion has nothing to do with Calibre other then the name.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 11:00 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanueol View Post

Kind regards
In addition to what Jon said.

CC does not 'open' books. It hands them off to a reading app. That might keep track of where and a history of what was recent.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert