Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
prconnor
prconnor began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 7 Home Tablet
Feature request - internal/external reader by menu

Hello,

First let me say thank you for developing so fantastic a program. I have just started to use it and it is wonderful to unite all of my ebooks from 10 years of collecting into a single repository for organization. Wonder, wonderful work.

I have a rather large collection of .pdb files from the days of using a palm pilot (I still miss those days, I really enjoyed palm pilot). Some are MobiPocket, other eReader, and still others iSilo. All have the same extension. I would like to choose the external reader to open the iSilo files, which Calibre can't display, and the internal reader for the others that it can. One implementation is to add an option, perhaps on right click of the file type to either open with internal, or open with external reader.

This can already be done indirectly by setting the default behavior for the file type to internal, then choosing to open a containing folder when I want to read iSilo (for PC running in wine on linux). If it is easy to implement it would be convenient to have a case by case option to open with an internal reader or, dare I hope, a list of other possible external readers.

prconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
This plugin should do what you want.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
prconnor
prconnor began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 7 Home Tablet
And there are plungins too, it's like Christmas in this forum! Thank you for extending my eduction. It does indeed do what I want. Fantastic, thank you again.
prconnor is offline   Reply With Quote