Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #2131
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
OK, that's my 2014 challenge decided.
Is there a 2014 challenge thread already? Last time I looked, I didn't see one.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #2132
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Just bought 5 more ebooks (2 where omnibus editions which brings total up to 8). The 70+% coupons from Kobo are just too good to resist.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #2133
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Is there a 2014 challenge thread already? Last time I looked, I didn't see one.
Not yet, but I'm sure there will be one before 1st January 2014.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #2134
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Not yet, but I'm sure there will be one before 1st January 2014.
Could we just start one, or is there special permission, access required -- or oldest rights for Nyssa?
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #2135
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldim View Post
Could we just start one, or is there special permission, access required -- or oldest rights for Nyssa?
I think it would be polite to let Nyssa continue. I beleive Nyssa does intend to put up 2014 challenge threads at the appropriate time.
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #2136
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I'm going to adopt pdurrant's $40 monthly budget because he has never steered me wrong. I am feeling foolish for owning so many books – 740 on my TBR list alone. I am a nomad and acquire library cards anywhere I reside for more than a couple weeks ( I need those cards for local travel and history books, plus I just love libraries). I have an endless supply of books available to me, both print and digital.

Still, I must often buy books in order to participate in the book clubs. Many books I want to read are not available in library digital collections, plus I am ethically uncomfortable joining a waiting list for a book in a town where I am a transient paying only minimal lodging and sales taxes.

So $40 a month it is in 2014.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #2137
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
I must often buy books in order to participate in the book clubs.
Look back on your book clubs of 2013. Did you read most of those books? Did most rate higher than a 3? If not, consider reducing your membership to clubs that have books that you READ vs. acquire and not read or aren't excited by.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #2138
boozr
boozr began at the beginning.

Device: pw2
which elink device allows me to change its foreground and background color?

the nook touch? the Kobo ? the Sony?

Last edited by boozr; 12-18-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: no reason
boozr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #2139
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Look back on your book clubs of 2013. Did you read most of those books? Did most rate higher than a 3? If not, consider reducing your membership to clubs that have books that you READ vs. acquire and not read or aren't excited by.
I participate in only the MR book clubs. They have guided me to some of my happiest discoveries and diverted me from ruts of my own choosing.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #2140
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozr View Post
the nook touch? the Kobo ? the Sony?
They are all E-Ink based greyscale display devices. You can't change the colour at all. Some might have a 'night' mode with white on black text - you'd best ask in a more appropriate thread.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #2141
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I bought my first book in December. Total came to 88 cents. Since it's an auto-read author for me I believe I haven't strayed far from our support system.
Fbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #2142
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I bought my first book in December. Total came to 88 cents. Since it's an auto-read author for me I believe I haven't strayed far from our support system.
Strayed too far? I think that exemplifies it. Congratulations!

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-22-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #2143
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I'm going to adopt pdurrant's $40 monthly budget because he has never steered me wrong.
I think this is a great idea and I am going to do the same
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #2144
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I'm going to adopt pdurrant's $40 monthly budget because he has never steered me wrong.
If I'd adopt his $40 budget, I would need to buy a lot more books than I do now, so I think it's bad advice
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #2145
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I have just resisted buying Bernard Cornwall's Sharpe series.

I bought the first three at a recent sale as SainsburyEbooks, but Amazon UK now have the entire series for £0.99 each. But I'm not buying them because I haven't even read the first one yet.

Yay me!