Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Amera
Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
Fantasy Action/Adventure - The Last Goddess

When a man discovers the body of the long-lost Messiah, he fears her very presence might incite a holy war. When she wakes up, he is certain of it.

Nathan Rook never had much use for faith. As a soldier in the last war, he witnessed first-hand the devastation wrought by the ageless religious schism so deeply dividing his country. But when he discovers an ancient coffin and finds a living, breathing woman inside, he believes he may have stumbled across the greatest discovery in history—or the greatest hoax. From her ceremonial dress to her elaborate tattoos, the mysterious woman is the perfect incarnation of the Messiah, and she wields a power that defies the very laws of magic. There’s just one problem: she doesn’t remember anything, not even her own name.

As he strives to restore her memory, Rook realizes it might not matter if she is the genuine Messiah or not. Once word of her discovery gets out, every faction in the city will seek to claim her legendary power as their own. Together they struggle to evade a mad prince, a renegade general, and a power-hungry senator, but he has yet to confront the biggest problem of all: he is falling in love with her.

THE LAST GODDESS is the first novel in a new fantasy series, available on Kindle, Nook, and any other e-reader platform on Smashwords. You can read the first sample chapter on my site.

Check out the sample and let me know what you think!

Last edited by Amera; 05-24-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Amera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Stephanie1981
Enthusiast
Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app
I love the premise, and the first chapter was great! Added to my wish list!
Stephanie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i usually pay less for new authors' books, but what the heck. i liked the sample on smashwords so i grabbed it.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
Amera
Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Amera is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

I hope you enjoy it!

Incidentally, if you picked up the Smashwords version and already downloaded it, I uploaded a new version today with a few slight formatting tweaks (italics weren't always displaying correctly in a few of the file formats). Mild change, but I figured I would mention it.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
Amera

I made some adjustments so the sample sizes on most platforms should be a bit longer. If you were still on the fence and wanted to read a bit more, check it out! Early reviews have been very positive.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
Amera

The Last Goddess is on sale for $2.99 until Father's Day!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #7
Amera

A five-star review from Amazon:

"I read the preview off the authors website and knew I'd like it. The Last Goddess is a well crafted novel, with all those qualities that make me enjoy authors like Jim Butcher. The story is well thought out, with unexpected developments, the characters are believable with great personalities, and you get the feeling that there is so much more to discover in this world.

I was left with one thought once I finished this: I want more."
Old 06-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #8
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Didn't know you put the book on sale so checked and the nook version is still 2.99 so I went a head and purchased a copy. I've put it in my To Read pile
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
Amera

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it!

Also, for some mysterious reason Amazon is still leaving the book at $2.99. If you were on the fence at all, now would be the time to grab it before the page gets updated.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
Amera

THE LAST GODDESS is 50% off on Smashwords until the end of July!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
Amera

I'm looking for a few people who are interested in the book and would be willing to write a review once they've read it, particularly on Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.

If you send me a PM by the end of today (8/12), I'll hit you up with a free copy. Just make sure you list your preferred format (Kindle, Nook, PDF, etc) in the message.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
Amera

To celebrate the impending release of The Last Empress, book two in the series, the Kindle version of The Last Goddess is currently just 99c!

A perfect time to get caught up on the series just in time for the next book.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
Amera

After five months of waiting, the reviews are coming in!

"I have never come across such a perfectly hidden and brilliantly effected twist ever and the author needs to be commended."
-CS Fantasy Reviews

"The Last Goddess is a very exciting, smoothly written adventure that will stay in my collection to be re-read someday."
-Doubleshot Reviews

And just in time! The Last Empress has just arrived on the e-bookshelves. You can check it out on my site here:

The Last Empress

I've also added a series page here (The Shattered Messiah Trilogy) which includes a three chapter PDF sample of The Last Goddess.