Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
DNT
DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
When is PW released in Canada?

Hi all,

Does anybody know when the PW would be released in Canada? I looked around but there's no date. I've been debating back and forth between PW and Glo. While Glo is readily available here and most of my collection is in ePub so it is a huge pro but reviews say PW has better lighting (softer) so it may be easier on the eye. There are recent posts about defective PW with bad lighting and that scares me a little. Anyhow, I'm leaning toward the PW and hope it gets released soon so if someone can shed some light on the matter, it is much appreciated.

DNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I have no problem with the lighting on the Kobo Glo being too bright. In fact, the first 2 Paperwhites I tried weren't bright enough for me, but YMMV.

That said, no, I don't have any idea when Amazon will release the Paperwhite in Canada, but hopefully they will have fixed the colored blotch issue before then.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #3
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
They say that it will be release here in Canada either in January or February of next year. I have read that they usually release their Kindles here about 3 or 4 months after the American release and that they want to make sure they have as many as possible for American holidays.

I can't wait for this release as well. I really want to get rid of my Nook.
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
You've got to watch prices though. They gouge up here! I was in Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday & they showed a Kindle with buttons on an ad for electronic gifts for Christmas. It scanned in at $140.00. It was last years model. I almost fainted.

Yes I know Shoppers is expensive & not the place to buy electronics but it was still ridiculously priced and the old model. I'm afraid to see what they'll charge up here. I say take a drive and find it over the border. It'll be much cheaper & you'll get it sooner!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
DNT
DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I'm just a little wary about the reported screen problems. I don't want to take chance because I read some people send the PW back multiple times and was still unresolved. The cross border shipping expense will spike the total cost even higher.
DNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Kindle Paperwhite now available in Canada on Amazon.ca!
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote