Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
roxy62
roxy62 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Lost Edited Metadata

Hi,
I am new to Calibre. I have a kindle and I was editing the metadata in my mobi file one book at a time. I was using version 7.43 and had edited over a thousand books when I got a prompt asking if I wanted to download the latest version which was 7.46. I asked another user and was told that downloading the new version would not affect the editing I had done in version 7.43. I downloaded the file and there was no warnings stating that I would lose any changes I had made to my current catalogs but that is what happened all the changes I had made were lost. My question is, did downloading the file cause it to overwrite all versions of Calibre it found on my computer updating them to version 7.46 or did I somehow do something to cause the loss of the edited metadata?
roxy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy62 View Post
My question is, did downloading the file cause it to overwrite all versions of Calibre it found on my computer updating them to version 7.46 or did I somehow do something to cause the loss of the edited metadata?
Installing 0.7.46 in no way caused you the loss of any metadata or books. I have upgraded each new version for the last 2 years and have never lost anything. You need to figure out what you were doing that caused this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy62 View Post
no warnings stating that I would lose any changes I had made to my current catalogs but that is what happened all the changes I had made were lost.
Start by articulating your problem. What do you mean by current catalog? What exactly was lost? What OS are you using?

With any luck your data is hiding and can still be found.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert