Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Alastair_Lack
Alastair_Lack began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Lost Kindle Data files

Hi,
I have a Paperwhite.
When I look at its content in Windows 7 Explorer, I see in the Documents folder all the books I have purchased.
One of these books (it's a Geneva Bible) needs some error corrections, and so I have tried to use Calibre to extract it so that I can work on it.
However, the folder is named XXX.sdr, and its contents are
Endactions.datanumber.asc
XXXX version.mbp1
XXXX version.mbs
XXXX version.phl

Total 2.37Kb.

None therefore of the .mobi files that Calibre might expect. Are they hidden? I've tried unhiding using a command line string, with no effect.

Where can I find the content to work on, please?

Thank you
Alastair_Lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The sidecar folder contains the auxiliary files associated with the book. The book itself will be in the folder that contains the sidecar folder.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
You need to look outside of this folder. this folder is for technical files for this specific ebook.

...and it may have one of these extensions: .azw, .azw3, .mobi, .prc, .pobi ,...
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Alastair_Lack
Alastair_Lack began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Thank you, Gentlemen. I'm most obliged
Alastair_Lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're very welcome.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
oops, I'm late

Spoiler:
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
data, files, kindle, lost