Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #256
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I use M92, but I think the readers are the same in both devices...

The new pdf reader is better from the user perspective. My perception is that it crashes a bit more than the old one. But it does not crash very often. I happens quite seldomly.

Booxtor said that annotations & scribles are saved after each turning of the page. I made a test and I cannot confirm that. It seems to me it saves those data only on exit from document and on power off (but not on suspend!!!).

Booxstor also plans to implement autosave in time intervals. When implemented and when impemented (or corrected) saving data every page turn and possibly also on suspend, I would not be afraid if it seldomly crashes.

Of course it would be ideal if it never crashes, but which common SW never crashes...

Last edited by Mono; 02-08-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:07 AM   #257
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Thank you, Mono!
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #258
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Any news on the status of the once announced graphic user interface upgrade of the Firefly? It has been a while (october?) and there has been no status report whatsoever. Upgrades that did appear since did not affect the GUI at all.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #259
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Any news on the status of the once announced graphic user interface upgrade of the Firefly? It has been a while (october?) and there has been no status report whatsoever. Upgrades that did appear since did not affect the GUI at all.
I agree. It would be nice to have some news (details) on the state of advancement of the project.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #260
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Good morning guys, I'm in trouble using rssreader. Can anyone explain me how it works?
For example, I have this site: http://www.presseurop.eu/en
what should I write inside rssreader?
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #261
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Silly question of the day: With the newest patches for pdf reader is it possible to change font type in pdf documents?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #262
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Silly question of the day: With the newest patches for pdf reader is it possible to change font type in pdf documents?
Not with current patches.
Unknown in upcoming ones
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #263
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Unfortunatell it is impossible and there is no chance to change it
PDF Reader is not really a PDF editing tool.

The file format PDF, or Portable Document Format, is often used to maintain the integrity of a document. That means regardless of the application software you are using, the document will appear the same. So in order to change the document, you will need either convert the file, or use a specific PDF editing program to change the document.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #264
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
And what about changing fonts in Epub? In pdfreader of course.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #265
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Unfortunatell it is impossible and there is no chance to change it
PDF Reader is not really a PDF editing tool.

The file format PDF, or Portable Document Format, is often used to maintain the integrity of a document. That means regardless of the application software you are using, the document will appear the same. So in order to change the document, you will need either convert the file, or use a specific PDF editing program to change the document.
What about "Text Reflow" mode? It would be nice if we can change font in this mode...
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #266
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh_ View Post
What about "Text Reflow" mode? It would be nice if we can change font in this mode...
+1
I want this too
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #267
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BUG in PDF reader concerning the Fireflys front light after updating with the two last patches (UPD. 12.12.12, UPD 2013.01.02)
When trying to change screen brightness while reading a pdf file the Firefly will often freeze.

Last edited by yayo; 02-17-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #268
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
BUG in PDF reader concerning the Fireflys front light after updating with the two last patches (UPD. 12.12.12, UPD 2013.01.02)
When trying to change screen brightness while reading a pdf file the Firefly will often freeze.
Not if you have something to do, but the second beta patch PDFReader consumption increases enough ram.
As the tools that are most useful features for use on large screens, I just installed on the M92 that has 256 MB of ram.
In my Firefly 128 MB of ram, just installed the first patch less ram consuming.
Anyway, for a 6 "display with old and reflow PDFReader spare and enough.

A greeting.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #269
yayo
Groupie

I'm not sure the amount of ram is the culprit, the bug has been brought up to me by an italian user who owns the newest Firefly with 256MB of ram and I managed to replicate it on my 128MB reader.
forum@simplicissimus.it

Btw, another silly question of the day (someobody has to ask them, hehe). What does the reset exactly do? Does it delete firmware updates and restore the original firmware the reader was shipped with? Does it delete software patches for PDFreader, Coolreader etc. too?

Last edited by yayo; 02-18-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #270
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
What does the reset exactly do? Does it delete firmware updates and restore the original firmware the reader was shipped with? Does it delete software patches for PDFreader, Coolreader etc. too?
Do you mean the little hole in the back of the reader? It simply starts the reader anew when it did hang up and you can't "revive" it otherwise.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote