Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #1066
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I got an offer on my K4 that will allow me to buy the extended warranty for $24.99. Apparently they're offering it for those that bought their reader over the holidays. Normally you only have a 30 day window to do so but this offer extends that to 90 days.

It's a good deal that they replace it 3 times IIRC and cover accidental damage. It's too bad not all reader manufacturers offer accidental damage coverage. I just don't think paying $25 for something that cost me $80 is a worthwhile expenditure especially when in all likelihood I'll be buying another unit in 2 years or less anyways.
I don't do the accidental damage warranties either. My credit card adds an additional year of free manufacturer defect coverage. Two years of that is plenty for me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:33 AM   #1067
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Offer (claim by 26 Feb)
  • Get $2 off an Award-Nominated Film -- exp 26 Mar
Old 03-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #1068
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New Offer (claim by 04 Mar)
  • Get $2 off any one of 50 MP3 Jazz Albums -- exp 04 Apr

Totally forgot to look yesterday, but a new one dropped. Once every 7 days (Thur) appears to be the new cycle.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-05-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #1069
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
I'll have to look at mine sometime, I hate ads and commercials so much I do my best to ignore them all. Go figure.

I've found if I don't activate the WiFi then the ads don't show up. Can't beat that. Download to the computer and upload to the Kindle.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #1070
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopyFrood View Post
I'll have to look at mine sometime, I hate ads and commercials so much I do my best to ignore them all. Go figure.

I've found if I don't activate the WiFi then the ads don't show up. Can't beat that. Download to the computer and upload to the Kindle.
Just keep in mind that if you want this current offer, you'll need to turn on your Kindle's wifi, let the ads and offer load, and then claim the offer from your Kindle before midnight 04 Mar.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #1071
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
How long does it take for the ads to run out on the kindle with wireless off?
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #1072
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
How long does it take for the ads to run out on the kindle with wireless off?
Generally speaking about a week.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:25 AM   #1073
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New Offer (claim by 08 Mar)
  • Buy one of 50 Biography/History Titles for $1 -- exp 08 Apr
Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #1074
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Kindle with Special Offers: Buy one of 50 History or Biography Books for $1

After applying your promotion code, select one of the 100 history or biography books below.
Buy one of 50 -- select one of 100 -- yet the link only shows 25 titles
Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #1075
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Does that mean only twelve of the books are actually one dollar?

Last edited by RDaneel54; 03-05-2012 at 08:35 AM.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #1076
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
There's one link for History and another for Biography - a total of 50 books are listed
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #1077
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
There's one link for History and another for Biography - a total of 50 books are listed
Thanks. At the time I posted, those headers weren't there.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #1078
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Thanks. At the time I posted, those headers weren't there.
I didn't see the History and Biography links either.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #1079
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I didn't see the History and Biography links either.
We must've peeked too soon
Old 03-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #1080
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
We must've peeked too soon
Yes. I'm often still awake in the wee hours of the morning; I'm an early peeker.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote