Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Syncing procedure

I just realized that, to sync between the Kindle LG WiFi 3 and the Kindle for PC Applicatiion, two steps are required:

1. On the Kindle 3 go to Home \ Menu \ Sync & Check for Items

2. On the Kindle for PC go to Home \ Tools \ Sync and Check for New Items

If BOTH of those procedures are not done at least once per day, the items will NOT sync properly. Those items include Highlights, Notes and Bookmarks.

It appears automatic syncing without those steps does not work yet.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just to emphasize - you MUST close your book and return to the Home page first - so that the Kindle will note your last location read in that book. THEN select the Sync option.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When to sync

I find that syncing the Kindle 3 before and after its use insures proper alignment with the Amazon server.

I also sync my Kindle for PC Application the same way.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Absolutely correct. A Kindle only updates the Amazon server occasionally unless you force it to update. And if you have 3G only, it might not update when you ask it to if you live where I do and have terrible 3G service from AT&T! But with WiFi the updates are fast.

BTW, sirmaru, I think we both have the Kindle DX Graphite. I'm eagerly awaiting the supposed firmware update from Amazon to give it the PDF support of the K3. If you notice an update please let me know and I will do the same for you.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-03-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
If you do have problems with syncing, it is very easy to note the location number down from one device and simply enter it into another (go to location) to start reading from the exact same spot. Sometimes I think it's actually quicker to do it that way!
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Actually with my K2 and K4PC, I rarely have to force the issue. If the wireless is on on the K2, it syncs pretty quickly after I close the book (or when it first goes to sleep). Same with K4PC. I may catch it unsynced if I'm quick enough, but I've found that it's pretty reliable (without manually syncing) when used in real-life "reading the same book on different devices" situations.

It doesn't work the same way with the K3?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-03-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Update
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard

Syncing is near immediate if done manually.

I have the Latest Generation Kindle WiFi 3 and if I make a change on the Kindle for PC and then sync, after I sync on the Kindle immediatly after, the change takes place.

It happens almost immedieatly if done manually.

That is F A S T !!

However, if not done manually, it must take hours since I never saw it happen that way.