Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
jotjot
jotjot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bluetooth, Email, Screens

1) Is it possible to connect bluetooth mouse for improved control or keyboard for faster writing?

2) Is their an email client available (IMAP preferred)?

3) And for me the differences of 602 and 603 screens are not clear. Touch by hand or pencil, ok. But is their any video or picture available to get an idea of the usability (contrast, sunlight, weak light)? In some videos I get the feeling that you have to push the pencil a little bit harder as the users do it normally (they push several times before device reacts). But I found no video with finger control so far. What's about the battery life for both screens, any differences?
jotjot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #17
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
The screen is an inductive one, and can only observe the stylus (it contains a coil, somewhat like rfid). Finger touch won't work at all. As for the multiple touches, I'm not sure. Some digitizers of this type use a button in the stylus tip, and they tend to be sensitive to the angle at which the stylus is held as well.
For Bluetooth, it's been said that keyboard should be possible.. but not shown. I'll be able to test keyboard and mouse once I get mine (903).
I haven't seen a mail reader for it, but one can be written or ported. This would be easier if we could just run a common toolkit like Gtk+ or Qt, which could also be ported over with some effort.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #18
Avis
Avis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear all,
I would be very thankful if you give me some hints how I can get pocketbook 603 in Luxembourg or in any other neighbour country but close to Luxembourgish borders. If you have any ideas about the price, mention it too please.
Many thanks in advance
Avis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
How about having a loo here?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #20
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avis View Post
Dear all,
I would be very thankful if you give me some hints how I can get pocketbook 603 in Luxembourg or in any other neighbour country but close to Luxembourgish borders. If you have any ideas about the price, mention it too please.
Many thanks in advance
I ordered mine here : http://www.ereaderstore.be/product/1...rk-silver.html, free delivery in Belgium.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert