Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
Truthowl
Truthowl began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 32g
Question Plugboard, template series_index first?

Hello,

I'm trying to set a Metadata Plugboard template for 'saving to disk' and sending via email. I've switched to using Play Books by Google because it's syncing appears much more reliable than Moon Reader Pro's. The sad thing is that Play Books mainly lists ebooks by cover. Unless you click on 'see more' then you see some of the titles name but if it's long it truncates it. That makes it so we can't see the series index. I figure I can get around that by listing the index(number) first.

I've searched and found this which is close to what I want, but not quite there.

{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

Like I mentioned, I want the number first. The above gives me, as an example:

Wheel of Time, The - 12 - Gathering Storm, The.epub

But what I'd like to get is:

12 - Wheel of Time, The - Gathering Storm, The.epub

Anyone know if this is possible with calibre? And if so, how?
Truthowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:27 AM   #2
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthowl View Post
{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

Like I mentioned, I want the number first. The above gives me, as an example:

Wheel of Time, The - 12 - Gathering Storm, The.epub

But what I'd like to get is:

12 - Wheel of Time, The - Gathering Storm, The.epub

Anyone know if this is possible with calibre? And if so, how?
The 'series' gives you the series-text, the 'series_index' gives you the series-number. The ':' says if the column is there, what stands behind the first '|' is what will be written infront of the column-info and what stand behind the second '|' will be written behind the columns-info if the column is there. Just write the template this way:

Quote:
{series_index:0>2s|| - }{series:|| - }{title}
The'0>2s' says: make the series-number always show up as two numbers. Meaning series-number 1 would show up as 01. If you don't want that, write the template this way:

Quote:
{series_index:|| - }{series:|| - }{title}
And if you want them to show as 001 (instead of only as 1), then use this:

Quote:
{series_index:0>3s|| - }{series:|| - }{title}

Mini

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-12-2014 at 03:36 AM.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
Truthowl

Thank you MiniMouse, for the reply and the helpful information. I tried

but get the same thing. I then tried restarting calibre thinking it might not go into effect until a restart. But there's no change. I get this

Wheel of Time, The - 11 - Knife of Dreams.epub

Any other ideas? I do have the latest version of calibre portable. It updated last night.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthowl View Post
Thank you MiniMouse, for the reply and the helpful information. I tried

but get the same thing. I then tried restarting calibre thinking it might not go into effect until a restart. But there's no change. I get this

Wheel of Time, The - 11 - Knife of Dreams.epub

Any other ideas? I do have the latest version of calibre portable. It updated last night.
Mmmm, I tried this, applied the new template and it worked just the why you wanted it. And not even a restart needed.

Though I made my template like this:

Quote:
{author_sort}/{title}/{series_index:0>2s|| - }{series:|| - }{title}
See picture. The epub in the title folder will have the title like you want it.

Edit: Even leaving out '{author_sort}/{title}/' and only having the template like this:
Quote:
worked fine on my end.

You are sure the template is standing under 'preferences ->Saving books to disk'? And sure you looked in the right folder where you saved it?

Otherwise I have no idea.

Mini
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	template.png
Views:	304
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	128272  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-13-2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Sorry @chaley, you are right, wrong use of the name plugboard instead of template.
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You may have a device driver override.

Preferences ==> Saving books to disk only applies as a default, every device can then be set differently.

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-12-2014 at 05:31 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
And in any event, the save to disk template is not a plugboard. Plugboards do not affect file names. They affect only the metadata inside the book.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
Truthowl

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Plugboards do not affect file names. They affect only the metadata inside the book.
ahhh crud. This was the problem. I was expecting the file name to change, not just the internal metadata. @chaley Thank you very much chaley.

@MiniMouse Thank you for the help MiniMouse. Your template does work, I just wasn't looking in the right place.

@eschwartz Thanks for the reply and for trying to help eschwartz

Tags
plugboard, series_index, template